Hey Homiez............

Missed you guys.
Moved to NC in a very quiet and very private town about an hour East of Charlotte.
With all the moving after selling my home in Maine (took like three weeks start to closing), helping my folks move up from SC into storage and then into their new home, waiting for the closing on the new home, moving in my own home and being transient in-between etc etc, I haven't been online much.
Won't be shooting either.
My worst shoulder was just operated on and it will be at least three months before I can shoot again. They opened me up and cut out a tendon, removed my bursa, took off the end of my collar bone, sawed off a spur under my collarbone, ground off a spur on the front of my scapula, and repaired a cuff w/ some stitching. I cant move it.
At rest, the cut shoulder feels better than my "good" one. Which I suppose is good in a way as the cut one must have been a success???? Wont be long for the "good one" to crap out.
Didnt help the arthritis. Oh well.
I did get a couch shooter who lives nearby (that I used to run with in my wilder days), to my backyard range b4 I had the operation. Not only is he a good shot, I encouraged him to put an order in for a CMP Garand and helped him order a service grade. (admitted he'd rather have 1 of my M1A's, but couldnt afford one and there's no chance in Hell I was going to take his $600 offer.....)
You know how it works, by this time next year he'll prob have both!
My son is great.
My wife is fine but still awaiting transfer.
These 60 degree days are hard to handle.
Get out and shoot guys.
Gotta go
As I told Pat, one-handed typing sucks when its for any other reason than having a hottie on the other end [wink]
Take Care

Rob

Take care Rob! Sorry to hear about the operations, but I hope it helps in the long run. Stay in touch. Will miss you at Bolton this year.

B

Welcome back! Hope you heal fast. When are you going to change your name to RobertInNC?

Rob,

Good to hear from you. That sounds like one hell of a surgery, but hopefully it will be successful in the long run.

I'm glad everyone is doing well. Enjoy the weather & heal up quick so you can get out shooting again soon.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom