Hi Cap Interesting Pistol Options

I'm trying to decide on a fun new range toy and am torn between a variety of guns. Just curious what people's thought are on a few of these as listed below. As with all things in life I probably can't get everything I want out of one gun but I'd like to get as close as possible..

Ideally US made
Cheap magazines
18+1 Cap or greater
Ideally steel
Good trigger
Out of the box reliable

Some options im considering:

Sig P320 X5
CZ 75 SP-01
Glock 34

None of these pistols fits all of my qualifications but I'm really drawing a blank on any other options in this category. *Author cannot afford an STI

I am a Glock guy, and am so financially invested in them that I always will be, but if I were in the market for a toy I would be picking up a p320 and sending it over to PMM for their X-comp Ultra package.

59424422_1104672173036488_7506327116451938304_n.jpg

Of those if go with the CZ.

But with your criteria. Why the Sig 320 but not the 226?

I had a 226. Meh. I really didn’t like it. Bore axis was too high, grip felt blocky, trigger wasn’t good. I sold it and don’t miss it. YMMV.

I have an expensive DK Customs 2lb trigger in my competition Glock. I suspect that is about as good as a Glock trigger can get and yet it is still just meh.

Of those if go with the CZ.

But with your criteria. Why the Sig 320 but not the 226?

As annoyed as I am with my P320 recall situation (mostly my own damn fault at this point) I would take a P320 any day of the week over a non Legion P226. The regular P series guns are mostly a huge snorefest now. I'd never buy another regular P series after running a Legion. The grip, undercut, and front stipple etc make for a completely different experience. Then again I have a Legion SA so the trigger is pretty amazing... that helps, too. I actually shoot that thing better
than my Shadow most of the time, although the high bore axis is a slightly slower recovery time, but I'd have to measure it on a shot timer.

-Mike

Have you looked at a HK VP9? I recently purchased a 45C and really like it. I'd consider buying the VP9, but I need another 9mm like I want more gun laws.

I very happy with my Sig P320 X5. Changed things up from my Glock 19/17
Sig is also cut ready for red dot!

I'm a fan of the Sig P320 X5 as well. Although we can't have those nice new 21-rounders here in the Commonwealth like you folks north of the border.

Romeo 1 takes literally 5 minutes to install. If you want to go the red dot route.

I don't know if it meets any of your criteria but theres an FN Five Seven in the classified. Seems pretty interesting to me!

Go find yourself a good used Ruger P89. It meets all of your criteria. You may even have enough for 2!
Those are tough as hell handguns. I had one many years ago but got rid of it to buy another 1911. I would definitely take another P89 if one came across my path cheap.

beretta 92A1. I swap in D mainspring and G conversion. alternatively the new 92 LTT is under $1k. wilson combat 92G brigadier. if have small girl hands can go with a wilson combat 92 vertec. talk about cheap mags. the 92 series has them. mec gar 17rd mags are cheap. there are factory higher ones too i believe 20 or 30. all are excellent.

--

have you shot the Steyr M9 or L9? for a polymer gun would consider it. not sure about mags over 17rd though.

I'm trying to decide on a fun new range toy and am torn between a variety of guns. Just curious what people's thought are on a few of these as listed below. As with all things in life I probably can't get everything I want out of one gun but I'd like to get as close as possible..

Ideally US made
Cheap magazines
18+1 Cap or greater
Ideally steel
Good trigger
Out of the box reliable

Some options im considering:

Sig P320 X5
CZ 75 SP-01
Glock 34

None of these pistols fits all of my qualifications but I'm really drawing a blank on any other options in this category. *Author cannot afford an STI

I went through this last year.
I didn't have retarded money for an s.t.i. or a 2011 chassis
Had to be steel framed double stack to accommodate mitt size.
Tried a few sigs, an h.k., beretta
Borrowed a c.z. and was sold on it instantly.
Picked up a "used"cz shadow target 2 custom shop and man, can that thing run.
Mags I thought were costly, but they seem to run on par with others. I'm comparing that to shooting 3 seasons of i.s.r. and a 50 ct bag of moons is about $30.

Back
Top Bottom