High Power Clinic @ Capitol City

Hi everyone, We will be holding a new shooters clinic on May 23rd. We will hold a small classroom session first thing in the morning. Topics covereed will be safety, range and pit procedures, equipment, scoring and basic skills related to High Power games.

The classs will start at around 8am and move to the range to get everyone a chance to try each of the range positions.

Following the clinic we are holding a NRA NMC. Cost for the clinic and match is $35.oo. I hope to see everyone there and meet some new folks too. Any questions can be sent to me at [email protected]

Thanks Dave Sheppard

I'm bumping this to the top for Dave. This is an excellent opportunity for anybody interested in true marksmanship to learn the Highpower discipline. If you want to try it and don't have a rifle, let me know; you can use mine and I'll supply the ammo.

[laugh2]

i'll second Pat's offer, for those who are a bit further south. i've ALMOST got my spare upper set up, and plenty of ammo for a new shooter :)

Hi all, We had 6 new shooters show to try the spport of High Power. All said they enjoyed the clinic and are looking forward to being able to come out and shoot a match. Only 1 was able to stay that day for our match.

Even though we are only a 200 yard range in Augusta, I think that because you have to shoot on the reduced targets it make you a really good shot. It makes you work on the basics of marksmanship.

As always I have an open invitation for everyone to come up and join us for our events and look forward to meeting some new folks from the New England area. Our next match is on June 19th. We are holding a NMC and that will be followed by a 30 or 50 shot Garand COF(depending on the number of shooters)

Hope to see you soon
Dave Sheppard - MD Capitol City R&P Augusta ME

I just caught this thread now and am very interested in getting involved in HP...

Can a shooter be competitive with a Garand in HP? are most people shooting with AR platforms?

Yes most shoot the ARs, but you have to define competitive? At the local and regional level, I would say you can win in the Service Rifle category with a match conditioned Garand. Unlikely at the Nationals though.

You can shoot with a rack grade gun and have fun and learn a lot. It's always better to have the correct gear though because your progress in the sport will be held back in a very short period of time.

B

I just caught this thread now and am very interested in getting involved in HP...

Can a shooter be competitive with a Garand in HP? are most people shooting with AR platforms?
Being competitive in High Power Rifle is mostly a matter of skill and less so of equipment.

Thus, new shooters will not really be competitive until they develop their positions, their trigger control, and their ability to find and keep a natural point of aim. Once you get that point, the rifle will start holding you back.

Run what you brung and try it out. But go in with your eyes wide open because Highpower Rifle is not a sport for the impatient and the immediate gratification junkies.

However, if you want to develop rifle shooting skills the likes of which cannot be acquired almost any other way, I say welcome.

Back
Top Bottom