High Standard .22 Magazine Question

I bought a couple of new magazines for my High Standard 22 target pistol. The mags cause a FTF every couple of rounds where as the magazine that came with it functions flawlessly. Does the spring on the new maga just need to get broken in or what?

taz-2005 said:
I bought a couple of new magazines for my High Standard 22 target pistol. The mags cause a FTF every couple of rounds where as the magazine that came with it functions flawlessly. Does the spring on the new maga just need to get broken in or what?

I have yet to find a non-factory magazine that works reliably in my Victor. Are these factory or aftermarket?

High Standard's web page offers some advice for tweaking new magazines to function correctly.

Taz: a few pointers- when tweeking the maks-don't use pliers with serrations. I use a 1/4 in. square stock with a 1/8th slit cut 1/4 way through which is just enough to slowly bent the mag lips. This can take some time. Work on one at a time while at the range. At the front of the mags-too wide and the round loads high, too narrow and the rounds load low into the barrel. The Brownell's mags come with the tip sheet. Greg

Greg Derr said:
Taz: a few pointers- when tweeking the maks-don't use pliers with serrations. I use a 1/4 in. square stock with a 1/8th slit cut 1/4 way through which is just enough to slowly bent the mag lips. This can take some time. Work on one at a time while at the range. At the front of the mags-too wide and the round loads high, too narrow and the rounds load low into the barrel. The Brownell's mags come with the tip sheet. Greg

Greg, Is that a 1/4 wood block?

material

steel/brass/or aluminum-you can pick some up at many hobby shops in the model airplane section- Greg

Greg,

thanks for the info. I did that yesterday and now they work like a charm. One last question do you have any info on taking the gun apart? I would like to change the recoil spring but not sure how to take the slide apart.

Back
Top Bottom