hk rifle expert needed

need help with my jld ptr91

i took the bolt group apart and couldnt get it back together

now that i finally got it back together it wont go back into the gun

i cant get the rollers depressed and the entire carrier/group cant be fit into the rear of the reciever

if anyone could meet me at mra that would be great!

The trick with the 91 bolt is to ensure that there is a gap between the head and the carrier when you assemble it. You have to ensure that the locking lever (thing that looks like a big extractor claw) stays on the raised ridge at the rear of the bolt. If you push the bolt back so that the locking lever snaps into the groove forward of the ridge on the bolt, the bolt is locked and the locking piece forces the rollers out, preventing the bolt from going back in. Basically to get the bolt apart, you have to overcome the force of that locking lever, which has a very hefty spring under it.
g3assem.jpg

rich...i tried doin what the diagram says to no avail...i need someone who is proficient with these guns to show me in person...all i know is the lesson i learned is ill never take the bolt on this thing apart again!

Ahhh...The old bolt mystery...Push, click, pull, turn....Drove me nuts on my first 93 back in 1985. My bet is nothing is wrong, (there's not a lot to go wrong). HK bolts can be tempermental, but once you get in the groove of it, you'll do it in your sleep.

Nothing to it. Like a prior post said, put it in backwards and tap it in. Then remove it. Lube it with Marvel Mystery Oil if it stays uncooperative. Let it sit for a while and then try the backwards method again. If not, let me know and we'll set up a time you can bring it over and get it up and running.

Back
Top Bottom