Holbrook Sportsmens Club Show

Not much in the main building but I found a few rare .22 trainer rifles in the second, both out of my price range. I ended up with an old Saiga 7.62x39 with a military barrel on it for $300 from Terry Goode.

I had two things going for me to keep me from spending money at this show. My truck needs an alignment so bad it's dangerous to drive on the highway and the tires are past the wear bars so I'm not sure if it even would have made it. Sounds like it was a good show and wish I had the extra coin to spend there. But after $900 in tires + alignment and other goodies, I'm shut off for the next couple weeks.

I will say it was better than the last time I went----fall 2008.
I got my jr program rafle tickets.
Found a nice set of RCBS carbide 4 die set with shell holder and a semi wad cutter seater. Marked @ 30.00 Seller says "buy it right now 20 bucks" sold. I putchased 1000 primers also for 35.00
I went there looking for possible SKS purchase- handful there but nothing to get me going.
There seemed to be an increase in older guns or some dealers rented more space.
It seemed to me if you had the time rumage through the boxes you might find more things/bargins

I was intending to see the guy who sells AR15/M16/M14/Garand parts, I did not see him
Not a heck of a lot of bulk ammo deals-not that I was looking

I did not find any large quantity of bullets other than the castboolit guys.

Out of 10 things on my list I got 5-------much better than the last few gun shows.

The 5 things I could not find
1. Front sight for M1917 with the ears intact
2. .32 cal round nose bullets for .32S&W short
3. 1000 .308 150 or 168 grain fmj...I found one seller with some match grade 308 175g bullets but not what I was looking for
4. 1000 55g or 62gr. .223 fmj bullets
5. Case of large rifle primers(CCI #34)

I give it a thumbs up for a thing to do with the things I like, I like looking at some of the older odd ball guns. This alone is enough for the 7.00 fee......
Also there seemed to be less fleamarket type things this time.

Last edited:
Well I have to be honest...this was a very poor show. If your into used holsters, old bullets, used manuals & books and shotguns then this was your show but I was disappointed. I thought there would be numerous dealers with displays etc. but this was a sad show.

I have to agree. It was the most disappointing of the 4 or 5 that I have been to. I wasn't looking for anything special and all I bought was a pound of Unique. There are lots of worse ways to spend a windy Saturday but this show wasn't up to what it has been.

Well I have to be honest...this was a very poor show. If your into used holsters, old bullets, used manuals & books and shotguns then this was your show but I was disappointed. I thought there would be numerous dealers with displays etc. but this was a sad show.

Yep...I agree, this show was tailor made for me!!!!

Left with exactly what I was looking for, 1000 Rounds of NOS CCI Stinger 22's for $40 and 192 rounds of Greek HXP-74 .303 Brit for $90.
Plus meeting some fellow NES members again (SKS Ray, Flotter, 50BMG).....priceless.
I will be back in April.

Last edited:
Only other problem was it seemed a few dealers didnt take the time to really sort there stuff

Who had the .303, and did he have anymore?

Ash

Yep...I agree, this show was tailor made for me!!!!

Left with exactly what I was looking for, 1000 Rounds of NOS CCI Stinger 22's for $40 and 192 rounds of Greek HXP-74 .303 Brit for $90.
Plus meeting some fellow NES members again (SKS Ray, Flotter, 50BMG).....priceless.
I will be back in April.

I went today and joined the range, got 3~ 50 round boxes of .45 ACP SWC for $14 a box. I tried to buy a used Ruger P345 mag but the dealer wouldnt budge on the price.

2. .32 cal round nose bullets for .32S&W short

I saw a guy with a few boxes of Sierra Sportmaster jacketed bullets, 90 grain, .312 dia.

I'm not exactly sure what these were for, but 90 grain sounded a bit heavy for use in .32 ACP, which is what I was looking for. I asked if they were for .32-20 or .32 H&R Magnum, but he didn't know so I passed on them.

I have to agree. It was the most disappointing of the 4 or 5 that I have been to. I wasn't looking for anything special and all I bought was a pound of Unique. There are lots of worse ways to spend a windy Saturday but this show wasn't up to what it has been.

I've never been to this show before, so I really didn't know what to expect, but it was better than many of the other small venue "club" shows I've attended.
I wasn't disappointed because I went with a small shopping list and found most of what I needed. 9mm cast bullets being the #1 item, I scored on that.
I also looked at a few 12 ga. SxS Coach guns. Two vendors had these Chinese made ones for $300, but I wasn't thrilled by the finish quality. Another guy had a pair of Russian made (Baikal) coach guns branded for Remington. One had fixed chokes (F/F), the other had RemChokes and external hammers. Both were far nicer than the other two, but of course the prices reflected it.
I also handled a stainless Ruger New Vaquero in .45LC, that X3R grip frame feels so much better in my hand than the older Vaqueros and Blackhawks. I saw two at the show, both new, one marked $550 and the other a far more reasonable $435.
I was very tempted, buy my money stayed in my pocket.

Back
Top Bottom