Holbrook Sportsmen's Club

Ok I am literally 10 minutes from here where I work....30 minutea from home. Anybody belong to this club? I want a place to go after work and be able to practice with my handguns and whatever. Any input would be appreciated.....is it crowded like at 5:30 or so? Seems like a decent club. Thanks

Holbrook's a great club. I use to do most of my shooting there in the morning before work. I've since moved and don't drive that way anymore. Every now and again I'll swing in to put some arrows down range, or bring my parents to shoot, they still live in Holbrook, but I use my other club way more.

A very friendly club, and highly recommend.

Totally recommend. I like it much better than Braintree .i shoot mostly rifles tho so I like that it goes out to 210 yards. I'd highly recommend. Met some great helpful and knowledgable people there.

Check out the calendar on the website, find something that appeals to you and show up, meet some people and state your intentions that you would like to become a member.
It may take a couple or a few visits to get a feel for the place and to see if it's a good fit for you, after that it should be no problem getting a sponsor.

I joined this past April no sponsor needed. Check out websight for more info. Members do the maintenance so you need five signatures to get your key card . Come down Wednesday night shoot trap check it out the club. You Don't need to be a member to shoot they have club guns and a dealer supply's ammo to purchase .

You don't need a sponsor per say, but need to earn signatures (I think you need 6) by helping at events, and attend a training session before you're allowed to shoot by yourself. I went through the process about 4 yrs ago and it was fairly painless, and you typically can shoot in events you help with.

It's definitely worth checking out if it's convenient for you. I've only once had to wait for an indoor range, but that was before they opened up the second range for all calibers.

I went to the orientation yesterday. The indoor ranges here is not as good as in Taunton club (newer bigger, more comfy...). However the outdoor ranges are the same location better than in Taunton (drive extra 15 mins ) so its a trade off

Sent via ★♡★ Galaxy Note II ☆♥☆

I have also been looking in to joining Holbrook. For those that already belong - do they allow use of jacketed ammo (i.e. 9mm) in the Indoor ranges?

I got all sig required. Now waiting for club meeting to become Associate member.
Anyone come to shoot this Sat?

I have also been looking in to joining Holbrook. For those that already belong - do they allow use of jacketed ammo (i.e. 9mm) in the Indoor ranges?

You can shoot jacketed ammo indoors. You can shoot any pistol caliber up to .50ae and 22LR.

- - - Updated - - -

I got all sig required. Now waiting for club meeting to become Associate member.
Anyone come to shoot this Sat?

I'm likely going to stop in and sight/test my new AR build. Kick me a PM if you head down.

sorru cant be at 1pm. I'll be in the outside plingking range at 430pm. Nice day out. Join me if you can

sorru cant be at 1pm. I'll be in the outside plingking range at 430pm. Nice day out. Join me if you can

I'm heading down at ~ 6. Just finished some loads, now I have to pack everything up.

See ya if you're still there.

Edit: I went, the place was dead. Unfortunately my AR build decided not to cycle... but I got it sighted in, and shot some new pistol loads.

Last edited:
I'm heading down at ~ 6. Just finished some loads, now I have to pack everything up.

See ya if you're still there.

Edit: I went, the place was dead. Unfortunately my AR build decided not to cycle... but I got it sighted in, and shot some new pistol loads.

Ya. I left at 5 45. Finished 125 rounds for both 9 and 45. Later then

Clean look.
unetyreb.jpg

Last edited:
Just took a long look at the Holbrook website. I am definitely interested in getting over there to check things out. Interested in my terms really means, unless something really turns me off on a visit I will be starting the membership process at the next meeting.

I see that there is a range cleanup on Saturday morning. I need to get up to Dracut to pick up my new weapon from the group buy. However, if an existing member could chime in, would this be an appropriate time to come help out and check out the facilities?

Thanks

I'm looking to see if can be a member and would like to take a look around. I noticed I would need to get some signatures in order to get keys to access the club. I tried calling last friday and voicemail was full, and it has been for a while. I decided to stop by since i was a couple of minutes away. there is no real way to talk to someone there. looking to see if i can make it to a club meeting or meet with some to look at the facilities and possibly a signature. [grin]

if anyone can help me out or get me in contact with someone who can, please pm me.

Thank You,
Leo

Back
Top Bottom