Holbrook Sportsmen's Club

Leo,

Besides someone here that's a member responding, try dropping by on a Sunday morning. Most clubs shoot skeet/trap Sunday mornings and you'll find folks at the club that can give you a tour.

Thanks, it's worth a shot!

That is how I did it for every club that interested me back in the 1970s & 1998 and it worked out well. Only 2 clubs did I not find anyone and they were both small clubs with no shotgun sports.

Holbrook is big on shotguns so they will be there. I've visited the place but am not a member.

Leo,

The best time to stop by would be on the 1st or 3rd Monday night of each month, prior to the General Meeting. If you get there around 7pm, there are folks from the membership committee available to talk to you about membership. You could also stop by on Saturdays (late morning). There are work parties every Saturday (maintaining club) and there are usually folks around who could give you a tour if you wanted to check out the different facilities. When you first join the club you must attend Orientation (Range Rules, Range/Club Safety, etc.;) before becoming a Conditional member. Regarding signatures - you are correct - they are required to move from a Conditional member (no keycard access) to an Associate Member (keycard access to club). Signatures are earned through helping on Saturday (or Tuesday) morning work parties (you must have at least two work party signatures) as well as by attending general meetings or help out at the various club events (bowling pin shoots, pepper poppers, Wednesday night trap, etc.;)

I am a member of the club and have nothing but great things to say about the facilities and the overall experience there.

Mike

Leo, work from the website. you can do all your research from the pictures and info. No sponsorship needed, but you do need to work at least two work parties and do the club orientation as part of you six signatures. So essentially you could start the process on a Monday evening meeting, and with work parties and more meetings you could be a full associate member in less than a month.

Leo, work from the website. you can do all your research from the pictures and info. No sponsorship needed, but you do need to work at least two work parties and do the club orientation as part of you six signatures. So essentially you could start the process on a Monday evening meeting, and with work parties and more meetings you could be a full associate member in less than a month.

Jackell - there is a minimum two month waiting period between the time you become a Conditional member and when you can move up to Associate Member. You do need the six signatures, but if you get them all in less than two months, you still need to wait before moving up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom