• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holosun 510 vs Holosun AMES

Hello everyone. My build is almost complete. I'm down to the last few parts one being the optic. I'm looking at the 510 or the Ames but I have 0 experience with ether. Can anyone give me a recommendation? I'm open to other optics around the same price point as well. It's a 300 blackout pistol so I'm not looking for a long-range scope. I might put a magnifier on it at some point but no plans at the moment.

Thanks in advance

You’re looking at an open style reticle in the 510C vs a closed style in the AEMS. Unless you are rolling around in mud or sand I don’t think the AEMS has any benefit above the value of the 510C. I have 5 of them. I haven’t seen any torture tests of either yet.

You’re looking at an open style reticle in the 510C vs a closed style in the AEMS. Unless you are rolling around in mud or sand I don’t think the AEMS has any benefit above the value of the 510C. I have 5 of them. I haven’t seen any torture tests of either yet.
Does the 510 come with a dust cover for when it's not in use?

510 it is then.

The AEMS is solid and has a great field of view. By the nature of its design it should be more durable than the 510. If someone was getting the AEMS, I’d get the core model though. The clear flip covers are stupid and the solar assistance isn’t too helpful.

Back
Top Bottom