Hornady Critical Defense 30 Carbine

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Has anyone tried this round in their M1 Carbine? I seem to recall that I read some good reviews a while back but have never seen any around here. Today I found a few 25-round boxes in a local store and picked up two boxes to try out. Any first hand comments?

Has anyone tried this round in their M1 Carbine? I seem to recall that I read some good reviews a while back but have never seen any around here. Today I found a few 25-round boxes in a local store and picked up two boxes to try out. Any first hand comments?

I would imagine if you need expansion they are good. I would wonder though if they are any more accurate than standard 110gn FMJ ?
I would like to see some accuracy test ? I also guess if you plan on useing the carbine for self defense these would be GTG ?

I don't think the Hornady would rate any higher than the usual suspects. What I would like to see tested is the Cor-Bon with Barnes bullets, DPX? or something like that.

I jumped on the Hornady because quite frankly it's the first time I've seen ANY SD M1 Carbine ammo down here.

I'd be curious how hot it's loaded compared to the standard FMJ rounds.

The MV listed on the side of the box is 2000fps, about 50 fps faster than the GI load I believe.

Back
Top Bottom