How about a NES event/shoot fundraiser for Larry Frisoli?

Fooped

Resident HK Guru
Hey everyone,

This was originally suggested by Matt in the "New candidiate for Attorney General" Thread, and I replied to it there. I have started a new thread however, due to the lack of visibility with the event concept being buried at the end of that long thread. Here is my original reply:

Let's do it! Awesome idea. Would it be appropriate to invite Larry as well? I could contact Riverside (my club) and see if I could assist in some way. I know many of us are members there as well. Another great way to convert some lefty sheeple is to "bring a non-gunnie" to the event. Part of the donation could be spent on some cheap ammo that the sheeple could shoot, and we might even make a few new shooters in a friendly relaxed atmosphere, all the while increasing awareness and exposure for Larry and his campaign. It would also be a lot of fun (the last one was great), and I would be more then happy to help organize the event (I have a speciality in event planning and organization). It would be a great event for a number of reasons. If you're interested hit this thread or PM me, and let's see what we can do! I have already contacted Larry's office once and they were very accomodating, so I would imagine (time permitting) that it might be something he would consider. Let's get involved as only we can!

Please give me your thoughts and interest level, and let's get it going! Also seee the original thread for a reply and support from Uncle Fester.

Thanks!

I'm in!

And I think I could get some others from my town.

Larry is the real deal. I heard him at the Republican convention and he was the only one worth listening to.

Hey Chris,

I got your response just now, but I didn't get the proposal out in time. I will get it to you asap. I realized just now that the club meeting is tonight, and I'm not sure when the next one is. Is there another time when we can present the proposal to them? I'd hate to have to wait until the next meeting in a month or so. Should I make the initial contact with Larry's office, or wait unitl we have the green light from Riverside?

I'm happy to contact him.

Who's going to contact Mr Frisoli? We should make sure he wants us. (but hey, who wouldn't want US?)

Matt,

I already contacted his office and introduced myself a while ago, so I'm more than happy to break the ice there. Any input you have would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for bringing the idea up in the first place!

Greg

Just wanted to reproduce Uncle Fester's response from the other thread here as well!

I may not be able to vote for a MA AG, but I'd love to come down and visit for another shoot. I also know plenty of people in MA who don't shoot, but who have expressed some interest in giving it a go. It would be a great opportunity for them to try it out, and get to hear about (or possibly meet) a candidate who feels they have a right to enjoy a day shooting.

OK, I took the inititive to at least see if the club would host the event, and YES, they will. They will need more details of course before full approval is given, but using the property to hold a fund raiser is OK so long as the club is not shown to endorse the candidate. (Not my decision)

Now, work out what kind of event you want to hold and how to run it and lets make it happen.

Chris,

May we talk via phone? It would be much easier to work out some of the details and brainstorm in real time. PM with contact info if this is ok with you.
I'm looking forward to this big time...

Greg

OK, I took the inititive to at least see if the club would host the event, and YES, they will. They will need more details of course before full approval is given, but using the property to hold a fund raiser is OK so long as the club is not shown to endorse the candidate. (Not my decision)

Now, work out what kind of event you want to hold and how to run it and lets make it happen.

Once upon a time GOAL did a Pistol shooter vs Archer fund raiser. I am sure Jon has the info available. It was a good time. S&W sent Jerry Miculek for a demonstration.

Maybe something along this idea would work.

Regards,

Once upon a time GOAL did a Pistol shooter vs Archer fund raiser. I am sure Jon has the info available. It was a good time. S&W sent Jerry Miculek for a demonstration.

Maybe something along this idea would work.

Regards,

Pistol shooter: Bang
Archer: OW!! #$%#% pistol shooter! Twang
Pistol Shooter: OW! What the #$%! Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang ... Bang!

Sounds like fun!

Any word from the Frisolli campaign?

One thought: there may be some legal issues for NES to run this because it is a political fund raiser. Perhaps someone from a local Town Republican Committee can get involved and NES can just help facilitate what is being put on by the local committee?

I could maybe get the Winchendon Committee on board with it if the local committee isn't interested.

EDIT:
The Chairman and Treasurer of the Hudson committee are Gladys A. Beaudette and Fred P. Lucy (from the http://www.efs1.cpf.state.ma.us/EFSprod/servlet/RegisteredCommittees web site). Anyone know these folks?

Last edited:
Count me in!

In all the anti-Reilly fervor I've been caught up in over at my blog, I've neglected posting anything on Frisoli's candidacy. That will be remedied forthwith. Well, tomorrow, anyway. I'm leaving my 9/11 page up all day today.

As enjoyable as they are to shoot, I'm guessing some of my "special" .pdf targets would not be kosher.

A few years ago, the Hopkinton club held a USPSA competition with the funds going to a Libertarian candidate.

People who want to support Frisoli and people who want to shoot USPSA would be two groups likely to support such an event.

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the tardy response on this, but with the wedding in under 4 weeks, and the honeymoon right after, I just don't have the time to arrange this whole shindig before the elections on my own. I thought I might be able to pull it off, but I'm spreading myself too thin as it is. I'm still very interested, and would be more than willing to assist, but there seems to be a fair amount of ancillary things that need to occur in order to make this happen. I am still going to contact Larry's office tomorrow, to determine interest level and availability, and any guidance or assitance you all could offer would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom