How NOT to sign a LTC Card

Reptile

NES Member
I just picked up my LTC today. I waited till I got home after work to Christen it with my John Handcock. So, I took out my Uni-Ball 207 pen- the one they say has permanent ink that that forgers can't wash off. As I signed the back of it, no mark was left. So, I pushed a bit harder and went over it twice. The signature seemed to take. Before I was done, pieces of the card signature surface came off. Then, I let it dry and pressed a paper towel on it to soak up any excess ink.

Then it was time to test it...

I wiped a corner and to my surprise, the ink wiped right off. [sad] If I put in in my wallet it would rub all off. Something had to be done. So I wiped the whole signature off with the paper towel and it left a light grey smudge behind.

Next I tried a ball point pen...

Wiped right off too!

Finally I found a micro sharpie in RED (I had other colors but no black or blue). The red sharpie worked well and is very permanent.

For all the money we pay for a LTC, they could at least make the signature part as good as a regular credit card. Note to self: don't use a Uni-Ball 207 for signing cards!

All I can say is that my signature on my LTC is probably the most unique in the state!!! [thinking]

USE A SHARPIE!!!

Can anybody else relate or should I just repeat Kindergarten?

I would have covered the signature with a piece of tape. The problem there would be if you used a marker, the ink would never sink into the card, and become smudgy - so use a pen and cover it.

I use Uni-ball Signo 207 pens for everything now. I've learned to allow for extra long dry times for credit cards and smooth labels, or else the ink may smear.
GC

I just picked up my LTC today. I waited till I got home after work to Christen it with my John Handcock. So, I took out my Uni-Ball 207 pen- the one they say has permanent ink that that forgers can't wash off. As I signed the back of it, no mark was left. So, I pushed a bit harder and went over it twice. The signature seemed to take. Before I was done, pieces of the card signature surface came off. Then, I let it dry and pressed a paper towel on it to soak up any excess ink.

Then it was time to test it...

I wiped a corner and to my surprise, the ink wiped right off. [sad] If I put in in my wallet it would rub all off. Something had to be done. So I wiped the whole signature off with the paper towel and it left a light grey smudge behind.

Next I tried a ball point pen...

Wiped right off too!

Finally I found a micro sharpie in RED (I had other colors but no black or blue). The red sharpie worked well and is very permanent.

For all the money we pay for a LTC, they could at least make the signature part as good as a regular credit card. Note to self: don't use a Uni-Ball 207 for signing cards!

All I can say is that my signature on my LTC is probably the most unique in the state!!! [thinking]

USE A SHARPIE!!!

Can anybody else relate or should I just repeat Kindergarten?

I read that whole post with the music from Benny Hill running through my head. [rofl]

I hope you are not implying what I think you are...

I read that whole post with the music from Benny Hill running through my head. [rofl]

Are you saying that I am unfit to own firearms?[sad2]

Even though the whole thing was a little nutty, I had to post what happened. [smile]

I had to sign mine at the station while the sargeant watched.

The ink from my pen also made a blurry impression of my signature.

I feel better now

I had to sign mine at the station while the sargeant watched.

The ink from my pen also made a blurry impression of my signature.

I feel better now.

But I wonder if it would have looked better if I used a crayon! [thinking]

I carry a ball point pen specifically to sign cards, carbon forms & thermally-printed charge slips. Everything else I use my Waterman fountain pen for.

your supposed to sign it?

I've had mine almost a year, unsigned and bought firearms and ammo from 3 different stores without any problems.
Bill

My signature is all messed up as well and you really cant tell whos name it is. They also made me sign it while i was and had me wait a few minutes till it dried. I put it in my wallet and when i took it out at home it was all a black blur. No problems using anywere tho.

Good idea

I use a fine point sharpie for signing all cards. Goes on easy, looks good and stays put.

That's what I will do from now on. My signature on my license looks good except it's in RED and has a smudge under it.

Sharpies from now on!!!

Back
Top Bottom