• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How would you rate KTP trade in pricing?

I’m trying to trade in a 10/22 and a turkshit shotgun I bought during the pandemic (before I knew they were trash). I can’t seem to find a general consensus on how good their trades are, some people say they’re great and others say they’re trash. Both guns are in good working order with minimal wear, hoping to get store credit. Am I about to get lowballed and waste my time?

I’m trying to trade in a 10/22 and a turkshit shotgun I bought during the pandemic (before I knew they were trash). I can’t seem to find a general consensus on how good their trades are, some people say they’re great and others say they’re trash. Both guns are in good working order with minimal wear, hoping to get store credit. Am I about to get lowballed and waste my time?

Selling a 10/22 is stupid, honestly this is probably a stupid idea... what are you going to get, a couple hundred bucks or so for both? KTP pays too much for used guns but even with that
in play, neither one of those guns is likely worth a lot.

You're asking a store to buy a gun they don't want to buy... of course you're going to get "lowballed" vs the retail price new for that stuff.

Selling a 10/22 is stupid, honestly this is probably a stupid idea... what are you going to get, a couple hundred bucks or so for both? KTP pays too much for used guns but even with that
in play, neither one of those guns is likely worth a lot.

You're asking a store to buy a gun they don't want to buy... of course you're going to get "lowballed" vs the retail price new for that stuff.
I just want them out of the safe to be honest, not my only 10/22 and this one is a lemon anyways, as for the shotgun…..it’s Turkish…. I know I’m not gonna get my money back at this point but would be fine if I atleast got enough to buy something else like a Savage mk2 or something similar.

Never sell a 10/22. Awesome training rifle when ammo is $$$. Perfect for Appleseed events. Great SHTF multi-purpose rifle. Also a favorite of Mossad assassins.
10/22: far too common for any substantial resale value.
Turkshit: Assume you mean one of those black aces shotguns, in which case, the resale value will also be less than ideal.

I would keep them, the 10/22 is a good training tool, the shotgun will still be useful if fired sparingly.
Fortunately it’s not my only 10/22, but this one is definitely a lemon, sights are off, finish on the inside was shredded even before I got it (new) and the crown isn’t all that great so the accuracy wasn’t that good to being with. As for the shotgun it’s just gross, not to mention too many ftf and double feeds when shooting at the range. Personally I wouldn’t trust it. Maybe if I get a decent deal I’ll try for a used maverick 88.

Fortunately not

Fortunately it’s not my only 10/22, but this one is definitely a lemon, sights are off, finish on the inside was shredded even before I got it (new) and the crown isn’t all that great so the accuracy wasn’t that good to being with. As for the shotgun it’s just gross, not to mention too many ftf and double feeds when shooting at the range. Personally I wouldn’t trust it. Maybe if I get a decent deal I’ll try for a used maverick 88.
Given this information, when they inspect both they may see the defects and offer you less for the 10/22 because of those factors.

As for the shotgun, there may be more forums and threads discussing the issues with it and that could drive the value down. This is all speculation, as we don’t know exactly what manufacturer you’re alluding to in these posts. Assuming it is the Black Aces, then you might be screwed. Even with a quick search I found atleast two separate reddit threads really shitting all over it.

Given this information, when they inspect both they may see the defects and offer you less for the 10/22 because of those factors.

As for the shotgun, there may be more forums and threads discussing the issues with it and that could drive the value down. This is all speculation, as we don’t know exactly what manufacturer you’re alluding to in these posts. Assuming it is the Black Aces, then you might be screwed. Even with a quick search I found atleast two separate reddit threads really shitting all over it.
I guess I should have phrased the question more as “is KTP scummy about their trades?” I know I’m not getting my money back at this point. The shotgun is made by Hatsan, I’ve also heard plenty of awful things about black aces well before I bought this one.

I'm a big fan of the 870. The 590 is also fine.

Just dump money into the 10/22

Attachments

• 9EC9BCC6-DC07-45A8-A594-6684CCABADA7.jpeg
    9EC9BCC6-DC07-45A8-A594-6684CCABADA7.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 26
  • E6B3AB5C-C1A8-48EB-9BAB-5598812B7D50.jpeg
    E6B3AB5C-C1A8-48EB-9BAB-5598812B7D50.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 2403566B-BC2F-4D13-8E04-CAB67E016E79.jpeg
    2403566B-BC2F-4D13-8E04-CAB67E016E79.jpeg
    503 KB · Views: 18
  • 85F4504B-6F6C-4D0B-9940-E10BFC4B48CB.jpeg
    85F4504B-6F6C-4D0B-9940-E10BFC4B48CB.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 22
I guess I should have phrased the question more as “is KTP scummy about their trades?” I know I’m not getting my money back at this point. The shotgun is made by Hatsan, I’ve also heard plenty of awful things about black aces well before I bought this one.
Oh that’s not terrible news then! I have a Winchester SXP Defender, it’s one of the better Turkish made shotguns. Nice alloy locking lugs perfect for a budget shotgun.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aILKbRCJxQU&t=766s&pp=ygUWaGlja29rIHdpbmNoZXN0ZXIgc3hwIA%3D%3D

Oh that’s not terrible news then! I have a Winchester SXP Defender, it’s one of the better Turkish made shotguns. Nice alloy locking lugs perfect for a budget shotgun.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aILKbRCJxQU&t=766s&pp=ygUWaGlja29rIHdpbmNoZXN0ZXIgc3hwIA%3D%3D

No I’m definitely hyperbolizing how bad it is, they have an ok reputation but it’s just ugly to me and I’m admittedly not a huge shotgun fan given most ranges around here don’t let you use buckshot anyways.

I’ve done two deals at KTP. A used sale and a used buy. Not at the same time. Neither time did I feel I was taken advantage of. I felt I got a reasonably fair deal each way.
Yeah that’s what I figured honestly, a lot of people say they get more there. It’s either KTP or the deli and I know the deli is gonna lowball me for a fact.

Yeah that’s what I figured honestly, a lot of people say they get more there. It’s either KTP or the deli and I know the deli is gonna lowball me for a fact.
There is a third alternative. Spend the $20 on an NES membership, sell them here and the membership paid for itself. And you'll probably end up with an extra $100+ in your pocket than you would get at KTP.

You're welcome

Back
Top Bottom