• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Howdy NES Crew

Latin has more than one form for a word. Pax and pace both mean peace. Don't ask me any more as that's all I can remember.
much as verbs conjugate (I run, he runs, etc.) nouns in Latin decline. So we change the word based on its use, e.g., subject vs object of our verbs. In the case of pax, we have:
SingularPlural
Nom.paxpaces
Gen.pacispacum
Dat.pacipacibus
Acc.pacempaces
Voc.paxpaces
Abl.pacepacibus

much as verbs conjugate (I run, he runs, etc.) nouns in Latin decline. So we change the word based on its use, e.g., subject vs object of our verbs. In the case of pax, we have:
SingularPlural
Nom.paxpaces
Gen.pacispacum
Dat.pacipacibus
Acc.pacempaces
Voc.paxpaces
Abl.pacepacibus

Will there be a test after this?

Teutonically, where we're at, east of the San Anderes, the new coast line, yeh baby. PAX

Teutonically?

teuton-knight.gif

You guys had it worse than we did. I used Whitaker's words from grade 10-11, senior year we didn't have to take Latin.

Kids these days. We just learned the material.

WWWords is a great site 20+ years later, though.

Is it required in Kalifornia to say PAX or peace or whatever the f*** it is after every statement, question or comment?

It's a remnant leftover from the revolution, you know where you'd protest, throw down with the MAN, I was often mistaken for a hippy back in the day, but I was a radical militant dissident at that juncture of time. But now it's closer to Yes Sir or Yes Mam, more akin to Southern Manners. Felicitas et PAX

Last edited:
Why do you keep typing PAX, and is this why you got banned from CalGuns?

I'm not banned at Calguns or any firearm, vehicle or aviation forum where I'm a member. PAX is part of my written signature since at least 1972. What logic would my "handle" cause me to get banned? Inappropriate use of Latin??? My draft card from'72, PAX

It's a remnant leftover from the revolution, you know where you'd protest, throw down with the MAN, I was often mistaken for a hippy back in the day, but I was a radical militant dissident at that juncture of time. But now it's closer to Yes Sir or Yes Mam, more akin to Southern Manners. Felicitas et PAX
3E774224-7693-45E1-8DC7-294FE04AC678.gif

I used to incorporate the Theta held by a strike fist too (in green), but that got to be too much effort and only lasted a season. Later it was occasionally used in my logo for my production company, PAX Video Production Service, but it raised hackle feathers and wasn't professional. PAX

I'm not banned at Calguns or any firearm, vehicle or aviation forum where I'm a member. PAX is part of my written signature since at least 1972. What logic would my "handle" cause me to get banned? Inappropriate use of Latin??? My draft card from'72, PAX

Just throwing it out there, you'd no longer be a member if you were banned.

That being said, that's kickass. My dad dodged the draft with college, he was a hippie. Now he's a fudd, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom