• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HRG Practical Shoot 5/2

Passing this along from the Pistol Chairman at HRG...

Hamilton Rod and Gun Club (http://www.hamiltonrg.org/) is holding a Practical Pistol Shoot on May 2nd. It's in the style of USPSA but we don't follow all the sanctioned rules. We relax the rules so any caliber handgun can shoot for fun.

Sign-up sheets in the Pistol House on the bulletin board next to Window # 1 in the shooting room.There are several group times you can sign up for: 9:00AM, 12:00PM and 3:00PM. When you sign up please indicate what caliber you are going to shoot. Please be courteous and try not to take up more than two rows in one group time if possible. Members and non-members can shoot at this event so pass this onto your friends. Call if you have a question: 860-202-0665.

Cost: $8 per row you signed up on. (Please bring $1’s if you can to help us make change.)

If you have more than one handgun I suggest bringing it so that you can experience the gun transitions for different stages.

As usual safety is Priority # 1 during the shoot.

The 4 Stages we will be shooting are available at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1pRoAH83p9QTzEyNUdfdG1Wb0U/view?usp=sharing. You’ll see there is a lot of steel for this shoot which should make it go pretty quick which is why I went with 4 stages instead of 3 like last year. Hopefully you’ll all have a great time.

Get to the range at least 30 minutes earlier than your group time so you can write up your scorecard, get a safety briefing and walk through. During and after the stages, any help with picking up brass will be greatly appreciated.

Prizes: Still in the works but I’ll think of something good.

Last edited:
Safety concerns were raised so it was changed to pistol only rather than delay the event. I am updating the information now.

Last edited:
The attachment in the original post was updated for the Practical Shoot Stages for May 2nd. They are now Pistol Only. You'll see that some stages direct you to transition to a second pistol however if you only bring one pistol you can use it for the entire match, you'll simply be required to perform a mandatory reload at the "transition" locations.

I've totalled the rounds counts, if you hit every target on the first try you'll need to bring 94 rounds total. Maximum rounds needed will be 128 for the match. As indicated on the stage guides, I have instituted a maximum number of extra tries at the steel targets so that we aren't wasting precious ammo or time. Missing a steel target after the max number of tries will incur a time penalty.

Call or text Steve T. with any questions: 860-202-0665

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom