Hunter ED course for SE MA

I checked out the MA wildlife website and the courses listed are all well north of the city and don't start for about 3 weeks. So I was just wondering if anybody knows of any courses in the plymouth county area that might not be listed on the website.

All courses will be posted on the website. Right now you won't find many Hunter Safety Courses around here because there tend to be none during hunting season. I went through the same deal last year. Kepe checking the website however I think the soonest one around here should start in a few months. I went to Sippican Rod & Gun Club around April IIRC. Dartmouth also had a course around that time. Get on their mailing list if you don't feel like checking everyday. You will get notification in the mail next time there is a course the only issue is that you may receive it a couple of days after it is released online.

I guess I will sign up for some mailing list. I was really hoping to get out for coyote season. Can a MA resident take the NH online class I think Hunter Ed is valid from state to state but not sure

Yes you can but you need to goto a field test after you pass the online part and i'm not sure if there are anymore field days this year

Yes you can but you need to goto a field test after you pass the online part and i'm not sure if there are anymore field days this year

yea checked the website and it says all field days are filled for the year. Guess I'll just wait and see if one gets scheduled down by me.

I have always wondered why a State would require something like a Hunter Safety class and then make it almost impossible to find one.Is it on purpose?

They are available. You just need to plan ahead. This subject has come up every year during the season. In Ma, the classes are long done come hunting season, as all the (volunteer) instructors are out hunting. You need to start watching NOW and get into a spring or summer class for next year.

Back
Top Bottom