Hunter's Rendezvous-Pepperill

They have plenty of 8MM mauser, for less money than I pay elsewhere.

By the way, I lived in the town of Pepperell for 18 1/2 years. The spelling in the thread title is incorrect.

I've been in there once. I'd stop by if I was in the area, but I would not drive out of my way again. I find the owner to be a bit of snob. He seemed annoyed with my questions.

Last edited:
That's an understatement. It's the closest shop to my house and I wouldn't go back there if everything was free.

Huh, interesting... I just went there to get some black powder and other stuff for my brown bess musket. The owner was a little standoffish at first, but softened up eventually and ended up being extremely helpful. I think he's maybe just a bit introverted, and that comes off as snobbish. The other guy there, Bob, was extremely outgoing and friendly, though obviously a bit less knowledgeable. He even gave me his phone number and said to call him up if I wanted to go shoot trap with him some time.

As a side note, I bought a cheap used shotgun on a whim while I was there, and it turns out it didn't work. Sheldon (the owner) was very responsive to the problem, and though it turns out he couldn't fix it himself, he gave me the address of the local gunsmith and said he'd pay the bill.

bob is an AWSOME guy, i go there from time to time (i live REALLLLLLLLY CLOSE) but sheldon (the owner) at first is harsh but if you go there enough he warms up.. i brought my girlfriends brother (14 y/o) there with his recurve bow his grandmother gave him and sheldon put a new string,rest, camo cover, line silencers and gave him 5 arrows w/broadheads and gave me 2 broadeads he had laying around for 8$.... it was nice of him. just what ever you do, dont bring in a compound bow...sheldon says he dosnt want bows w/training wheels in his store :/

Back
Top Bottom