Hunting in Maine - kind of a twisted situation

Ok, so here goes.

I live in NH. Most of my friends live in MA. In November I am going hunting in Maine, with some very experienced hunters from MA.

We will also be taking a MA resident with rifle shooting experience, but no firearms license of any kind hunting with us. I am going to a hunter education course in NH, and getting my NH license, and then will get my Maine hunting license.

Here's the question... Can I take my unlicensed MA friend to a hunter course in NH, so he can get his hunting license in Maine? It would be easiest this way, so we can go together.

Also, there is no issues in Maine with a person from MA, being in possession of one of my firearms during the hunt correct?

Thanks for your time.

Here's the question... Can I take my unlicensed MA friend to a hunter course in NH, so he can get his hunting license in Maine? It would be easiest this way, so we can go together..

I am sure you can.... but to make 100% sure you should check here or call them:

http://www.maine.gov/ifw/
Also, there is no issues in Maine with a person from MA, being in possession of one of my firearms during the hunt correct?
Thanks for your time.

If you can legally own a gun, then you can possess a gun in Maine regardles if you are hunting or not. There or no permits or anything else needed. In fact, while in the act of hunting, you can CCW a pistol. You should read all the rules on the link above to make sure you understand the do's and don'ts. Good luck this Fall.

To hunt in Maine you have to have either a hunter safety course card OR a hunting license you have held. We don't require permits for firearms here. Of course if your not a Mainer we are going to chagre you lots more for your Maine license LOL but we do need the money..

Back
Top Bottom