Hunting License for Small Game?

J

JellyFish

I am on the mass state gov. web site to buy a hunting license but it seems to mention bear, deer, turkey for the Hunting License or a Hunting Stamp (waterfowl, archery, primitive firearms).

Which one would I get for small game? They don't seem to be listed under the either option? Probably get the Hunting License and that would cover it?

Yeah, this makes no sense to me. I don't want to hunt turkey, deer or bears. I am not ready for that. I just wanted to try some small game.

Hmmm...that site is not helpful at all for this.

Maybe you don't need a license for small game??? That doesn't seem right for Taxachusetts. The state has to get its cut somehow...???

Okay but there seems to be no option to buy those licenses online. If I buy a bear or other license does it apply to those? Or does a hunting stamp cover it?

I am on the mass state gov. web site to buy a hunting license but it seems to mention bear, deer, turkey for the Hunting License or a Hunting Stamp (waterfowl, archery, primitive firearms).

Which one would I get for small game? They don't seem to be listed under the either option? Probably get the Hunting License and that would cover it?

A regular hunting license will cover small game. There are separate permits for bear, turkey, and various subsets of deer hunting, none of which you need to worry about for small game.

Oh what a dumbass!!! Now I get it!!!! There's a general hunting/sporting license and it takes you to that other screen for additional permits. That's where I got confused. It just gives you an option to cash out and I thought that I hadn't actually selected anything. LOL

We must put the people who did that site in touch with amazon.com's designers so they learn how to set up a commerce web site. [wink]

Thanks for the feedback guys. Always appreciated! [grin]

Okay, I purchased my license!!! Wow, this is exciting. I will soon be able to go and bag me some squirrels!

Hey Derek, you want some squirrel skins? I'll take a stab at eating the meat but I don't know what I would do with the skins. Can I donate them to the forum? [wink]

Squirrel underwear? Hmmm...seems a little odd to me but maybe there's a marketing guru somewhere that could sell them to somebody. [wink]

How about stitching them together to make a squirrel rug? I can then say I killed one giant squirrel from hell!!! [wink]

I know you can sell the tails to Mepps fishing lure company. They make spinners out of them and used to offer cash or gear tails.
I've been thinking about blasting squirrels. I got a sportsman's license from Wal Mart a year or so ago that I was going to use for a Coyote hunt but never went.

Back
Top Bottom