• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I need assistance with reload data

So with the recent shootings it has been absolutely unbelievable to obtain any bullets. I was able to go to cabelas and get my hands on some powder as im starting to run low on varget. Unfortunatly i couldnt find any bullets and my midway order is back ordered till march. At hoffmans i was able to get some hrndy 55gr sp sx rds. I cant find load data for it anywhere. I have been reading around that if its shot out of a fast twist barrell it will never reach the target as it begins to deteriorate. All though, many have mentioned that if loaded to a low velocity i will be alright. Anyone have any ideas?

Book shows 22.8 grains of Varget on the low side (2800 fps) up to 26.4 (MAX) on the high side (3200fps.) COL 2.200" for the SPSX.

How fast of a twist? I imagine they'd shoot fine in a 1/7.

FF01F49B-A806-4309-AEA7-D14F06BBE428-12995-000010F98FF68546.jpg

Last edited:
Didnt realize you answered, sorry about the delayed answer. But I ended up doing a 25 gn reload of cfe because i ran out of varget and its been crazy accurate so far. Thanks a lot for your concern. And its a 1 and 9 twist on my rifle.

Didnt realize you answered, sorry about the delayed answer. But I ended up doing a 25 gn reload of cfe because i ran out of varget and its been crazy accurate so far. Thanks a lot for your concern. And its a 1 and 9 twist on my rifle.

CFE is good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom