IDPA at Riverside and Hi-Power at Braintree this weekend?

I know the IDPA match at Riverside was sort of a question mark for Saturday. Any word on if its a go or not?

On the same note, I know there is a rifle match scehduled at Braintree for Saturday. What's the cancellation policy regarding weather for outdoor matches? Do you just show up it the weather is iffy and hope for the best or is there some way to know for sure if a match has been cancelled?

Thanks

Steve

IDPA at Riverside has been cancelled. Just one of those things.....

Organizational Meeting for next season will probably be in February '06. Chris usually welcomes anyone who wants to help out.

Also, he is planning to set up another IDPA Range Officer class, so we'll have more folks available to help run matches.

Stay tuned to the Riverside website.

Between my own inability to make commitments right now, one SO recovering from Surgery, and some schedule conflicts, I could not pull together enough people to run a safe match on Saturday.

Any IDPA member is welcome to join us in our planning session early next year (don't worry, I'm not shy about posting official invites once a date is set)

Still workng out details, but there will be an SO class sometime in the spring to certify more shooters as Match Directors. I don't care if you do this to run matches at Riverside, or get certified to run IDPA at your own club. If it goes like our last one cost will be minimal. (basically cover the instructor's travel, copies and lunch)

The 2006 season's schedule will depend on how many people step up to help out. I'd love to get enough involvement to create teams for each match so that one person is not responsible for everything. That worked out great last month with Jon, Darius, and Gene all working together.

Stay Tuned

One of my ideas for next year is to paste some pictures of evil looking people on the IDPA targets....

the first one will be Chris' avatar!

I can understand why some of our members won't allow their small children in the room when reading his posts......

[lol]

USMA-82 said:
OK - now the IDPA match at Riverside this weekend is back on, courtesy of Jon and Darius (I mean, IDPA informal practice).

Thanks guys! Wish I could be there....

Seriously? If so, I'll be glad to come early and help set up.

Steve

Chris said:
Still workng out details, but there will be an SO class sometime in the spring to certify more shooters as Match Directors. I don't care if you do this to run matches at Riverside, or get certified to run IDPA at your own club. If it goes like our last one cost will be minimal. (basically cover the instructor's travel, copies and lunch)

Count me in, Chris.

Ross

Ozman said:
USMA-82 said:
OK - now the IDPA match at Riverside this weekend is back on, courtesy of Jon and Darius (I mean, IDPA informal practice).

Steve

Yes, Steve, I am serious. Come at or after 7:30 a.m. to help us set up.

Thanks for your assist.

Darius

Cross-X said:
Ozman said:
USMA-82 said:

Steve

Yes, Steve, I am serious. Come at or after 7:30 a.m. to help us set up.

Thanks for your assist.

Darius

Thanks Darius. You know, I felt a little stupid asking that in the first place, but well, that never stopped me before.
Great of you guys to step up to the plate for this.

See you then.

Steve

Hey Steve,

The weather forecast for tomorrow morning is cow-pissin'-on-a-flat-rock poor.

I hope you professional-car-racers won't worry about keeping your feet dry!

See you tomorrow in the early morning gloom.

Darius

Cross-X said:
Hey Steve,

Darius

Well, that answers the question I was going to post next: "Do we shoot rain or shine?"

Nothing better than racing in the rain! Unlike those NASCAR sissies, sports car racers run in just about anything short of The Great Flood. We call rain "The Great Equalizer". It takes away the advantage high horsepower cars have and brings the race back to almost pure driver skill.
My RX-7 is down on power compared to the BMW's in the class I race in, so if there are clouds in the sky on race day I can usually be found on a hill near the track in full Native American garb trying to help things along.

Of course, probabaly none of that translates to practical shooting... :)

But I say lets get muddy tomorrow.

Steve

Ozman said:
Cross-X said:
Hey Steve,

Darius

Well, that answers the question I was going to post next: "Do we shoot rain or shine?"

Nothing better than racing in the rain! Unlike those NASCAR sissies, sports car racers run in just about anything short of The Great Flood. We call rain "The Great Equalizer". It takes away the advantage high horsepower cars have and brings the race back to almost pure driver skill.
My RX-7 is down on power compared to the BMW's in the class I race in, so if there are clouds in the sky on race day I can usually be found on a hill near the track in full Native American garb trying to help things along.

Of course, probabaly none of that translates to practical shooting... :)

But I say lets get muddy tomorrow.

Steve

During the last tropical rain classifier a couple years ago, it go so cold that after the match a couple of the guys grabbed some wood and lit a fire in the High Power Rifle Shack woodstove!

You ain't really cold until you are wet and cold!

PS, I saw Dave Richie last night, and he assured me he will be in attendance tomorrow. He is a heck of a reliable guy. I know a few cold raindrops won't scare him off.

Cross-X said:
During the last tropical rain classifier a couple years ago, it go so cold that after the match a couple of the guys grabbed some wood and lit a fire in the High Power Rifle Shack woodstove!

PS, I saw Dave Richie last night, and he assured me he will be in attendance tomorrow. He is a heck of a reliable guy. I know a few cold raindrops won't scare him off.

Time to break out the Belstaff. Not only will I be dry, I'll be able to shoot a shotgun stage from concealment!

DR said:
Cross-X said:

Time to break out the Belstaff. Not only will I be dry, I'll be able to shoot a shotgun stage from concealment!

Without a good hat, a raincoat just keeps the water in. Too bad that I had mislaid my Seattle sombrero. I picked up a replacement on the way home, guaranteeing that I'll find my old one.

It was a good match, er, practice. Thanks Darius and Jon; it was worth getting soaked.

Thanks for the kudos, DR.

The best fun in the wet and cold I have had since that classifier a couple years ago.

All the guys and gals who stayed away missed a very good little match.

Let's do it again before spring!

-- Osama bin Arbabi

Today was about as much fun as I've ever had soaking wet from head to toe that didn't involve a hot-tub and a pair of hookers.

Steve

Ozman said:
Today was about as much fun as I've ever had soaking wet from head to toe that didn't involve a hot-tub and a pair of hookers.

Steve

Giving them more ideas for stages, eh?

Lynne said:
DR said:
Ozman said:

Steve

Giving them more ideas for stages, eh?

Just make sure you keep your powder dry. [lol] [lol] [lol]

And a raincoat on yo' Jimmy. [roll]

Back
Top Bottom