IDPA Safety Officer Course - Sat., June, 26, 2010 - Harvard Sportsmens Club

Greeting NES Shooters!

I have received approval from the Harvard Sportsmens Club President to run an IDPA Safety Officer certification course on Saturday, June 26, 2010. Details are as follows:

OBJECTIVE: To certify IDPA shooters as Safety Officers. We are a volunteer sport and all of the clubs would appreciate help running matches. This course will include an in-depth review of the rulebook and is a good source for newer IDPA shooters to gain more knowledge of the sport and tips for improving your competitive performance.

PREREQUISITES: (1) You must be an active member of IDPA to take this class. If your membership is expired IDPA will not certify you. (2) You must have shot at least one club match at any IDPA club before taking this course. (3) Send me an email to [email protected] with your first and last name and your IDPA number with expiration date. You do not need to be currently classified to take the IDPA SO course.

WHERE: Harvard Sportsmens Club - Clubhouse

TIME: 8:30 a.m to 5:00 p.m.

DIRECTIONS: http://www.harvardsportsmensclub.com/directions.html For those with a GPS the street address to the club is 250 Littleton County Road, Harvard, MA. When you arrive at the club drive straight ahead through the gate until you come to a parking lot with some ranges on your left. The clubhouse is on your right - we will be on the top floor and the door is on the right side of the building as you walk up to it.

EQUIPMENT: note taking material, all range gear - you will do a little shooting as all students need to take turns running the timer and the scoreboard for two short stages of fire. 50 rounds of ammunition should suffice. Concealment garment.

COLD RANGE: The classroom will be a cold range environment. Please leave your ammo in your car; if you are carrying a hot weapon to the class please unload your firearm on the range adjacent to the parking lot before coming into the classroom. No magazines in the magazine well of any pistols, please.

COST: $40.00, which will include a pizza lunch, rulebook, handouts for the class, test, certificate upon successful completion.

REFUND POLICY: If you cancel with two weeks notice (by June 12, 2010) I will send your check back to you. If you cancel within two weeks of the class your tuition will be refunded only if we can secure a replacement for you off of the waiting list.

WHERE TO SEND THE CHECK: Make the check out to "Metro West Tactical" for $40.00 and mail it to me at the following address:

JOHN T. CATTERALL
6 MICHELLE LANE
MATTAPOISETT, MA 02739-1080

When I receive your check I will send you an email to let you know I received it and that your seat in the class is confirmed.

CLASS LIMIT: There are 20 seats in the class. The first 20 checks I receive will have seats in the class. Any checks received after that I will place you on a waiting list and hold your check until the class. If there is not enough room in this class I'll return your check to you. If there is a large wait list I can schedule another class soon.

Regards,
John Catterall

Back
Top Bottom