• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If you are a CCW holder that is made by the police

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't let reading comprehension get in the way of a good argument. [rofl]
straw-man.jpg

What? [wink]

It's the internet. There are guys posting in the Survival forum posting about moving 30+ miles a day with a 120lb pack going undetected.
Agreed, that makes just as little sense.

As badly as the OP was written, and as much as I dislike some of the attitude displayed therein, I agree with his basic point that if you are holding a gun and officer tells you to drop it, you either drop it right now or you get a bunch of holes in you.

If the cop points a gun at me when I am not an active threat, then he is no longer a good guy as far as I am concerned.

+1

Having a badge does not give carte blanche' to threaten my life when unprovoked.

That said, in the event you were on scene where you had your gun drawn it's best to put it down immediately when you see the cops pulling in, or better yet reholster before the police arrive on scene, assuming no more threats exist.

I agree with his basic point that if you are holding a gun and officer tells you to drop it, you either drop it right now or you get a bunch of holes in you.

I think everyone who has posted in this thread agrees with that.

Make sure and put "!URGENT" on the title so people know its urgent...

Be sure to entitle it "URGENT: Pulled over while carrying" or somesuch for maximum attention. Also be sure to mention that you were driving an (insert name of expensive car here) at the time.

-Mike

In other words - you are gonna lose... In all but the most extreme circumstance - you lose the "reasonableness" test there...

Unless, of course, your spouse happens to be a federal agent and is the star wittness :). Better yet, just have her take care of business when necessary.

Either he plays nice and mars the finish on his $3000 1911
OR
He ignores the commands he's given and gets shot - dieing nobly for the honor of his gun
OR
Gee? What's that third option? I cannot imagine?
Carry a Glock or a J Frame.

Unless, of course, your spouse happens to be a federal agent and is the star wittness :). Better yet, just have her take care of business when necessary.
It always pays to be a little more equal...

Rob Bourdrie said:
Carry a Glock or a J Frame.
Can you really lump those two together? That's sort of like "eat caviar or eggs...."

Yes I sure did, but let's look at what's gonna happen...

Either he plays nice and mars the finish on his $3000 1911
OR
He ignores the commands he's given and gets shot - dieing nobly for the honor of his gun
OR
Gee? What's that third option? I cannot imagine?

[rofl2]

Third option, just off the top of my head:

You recognize he (the LEO) is "no longer a good guy."
You do as instructed.
You refuse to make a statement.
You get badge numbers and names.
You ask for a lawyer.

If SuperMoto went around shooting everyone who he no longer considered a good guy, even he would have to carry a lot more mags. But, hey, don't let that get in the way of speculative posts. No, no, carry on with those. This is the enterTAINet after all.

Last edited:
This arms race, both in hardware and methods, between police and criminals can't end well. If it is the case that we truly need a standing army of federal, state and local police in order to maintain our society then our society will fall. In my lifetime there has been a tremendous change in police presentation and behavior. Whether this has been a necessary response to an increasingly violent criminal element, or an unnecessary change, driven by something else, it is a move in the wrong direction. If we observe the obvious fact that armed police almost never stop violent crime against anyone other than themselves, then we can question whether this increasing militarization of police can ever do anything other than intimidate the public, alienate the police, and further drive a wedge between the people and their government.

there is no way I am reaching for anything but the sky.[/QUOTE]

Oh hell if I get shot with my hands in the clouds.... Full surrender posture, no reaching for anything, he himself said that ....

"They both involve guns. If the cover dude senses a weapon, he speaks up and orders you to do SOMETHING. Yes this can contradict the Control officer, many times one officer see's something the other does not.
These roles can switch, Shit happens."

They can take it off me with my face in the dirt, Im not lifting my cover or touching my piece if in that situation.
my .02

I agree with his basic point that if you are holding a gun and officer tells you to drop it, you either drop it right now or you get a bunch of holes in you.

Well, there has been statements from witnesses saying they told him to drop the gun while it was still in his holster. So you can imagine he may have reached for the gun because he was told to.

Well, there has been statements from witnesses saying they told him to drop the gun while it was still in his holster. So you can imagine he may have reached for the gun because he was told to.

Agreed. I was referring to a situation where you already have the gun in your hand. If my gun was in its holster, no way I'm going near it, even if a cop yells "drop your gun." Hands up, slowly prone out.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this option yet:

2fcd3636.jpg

Just make sure all applicable taxes have been paid and all required stamps are present - you will be subject to heightened scrutiny under the AWB if arrested with those...

Oh and you can't cross state lines either...

If the cop points a gun at me when I am not an active threat, then he is no longer a good guy as far as I am concerned.

Sooooooooooooooooo, If and when YOU pull your gun out and point it at someone, That you perceive to be a threat, but they really are not, but you don't know that yet, then YOU are no longer the "good guy"?

Sooooooooooooooooo, If and when YOU pull your gun out and point it at someone, That you perceive to be a threat, but they really are not, but you don't know that yet, then YOU are no longer the "good guy"?

From their perspective, I would say yes. Simply put, it seems pretty reasonable to identify anyone pointing a live gun at you as "not a good guy". I can't see how that is even a controversial statement, in the same manner that anyone who breaks into your house, shoots your dog, and points a gun at you is, in that moment, your enemy, regardless of his job title.

To the person you are pointing the gun at you are most definitely being seen as a BG. GG/BG is all relative to what position you are in and has absolutely nothing to do with morals or law. When shooting starts all that matters is staying alive, there won't be time for a philosophical argument. If you gun is drawn intend on using it or put it away.

Why would I draw my gun at someone that wasn't an active threat? But Yes, If I am pointing my gun at people that are not a threat, then I am no longer a good guy

The above replies are my point, the line between a GG or BG is very fine and depends on too many factors, mostly perceived threat and when you walk into the situation.

I rest my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom