If You Are Looking For a Trench Gun

1. Slamfiring a 97 is NOT a smooth operation. You see more fumbles with a 97 than with someone operating a 590 quickly.

2. I was at the range about 15 years ago. Maybe 20. Guy was sighting in his FAL. He was at 25yds. Was pretty proud that he was getting 4-5" groups with a scope. At 25 yds. With a 308. I'm not top-shot by any stretch, but damn. I might be personally happy based on the trigger or the quality of hte scope mount or the questionable sourcing of the barrel. But I'm not gonna brag about it.

2. I was at the range about 15 years ago. Maybe 20. Guy was sighting in his FAL. He was at 25yds. Was pretty proud that he was getting 4-5" groups with a scope. At 25 yds. With a 308. I'm not top-shot by any stretch, but damn. I might be personally happy based on the trigger or the quality of hte scope mount or the questionable sourcing of the barrel. But I'm not gonna brag about it.
Pretty rude to call out @Picton like that...

1. Slamfiring a 97 is NOT a smooth operation. You see more fumbles with a 97 than with someone operating a 590 quickly.

See, I would have acted like I had no clue on purpose and then fired a 5rd group with my carry pistol and then showed it to him and been like "damn dude I just tried the same thing for the first time with this little pistol here and it's more accurate than your fancy army rifle there, you must of gotten ripped off I bet the barrel is messed up, I'll give you a crisp $100.00 bill for it though."

See, I would have acted like I had no clue on purpose and then fired a 5rd group with my carry pistol and then showed it to him and been like "damn dude I just tried the same thing for the first time with this little pistol here and it's more accurate than your fancy army rifle there, you must of gotten ripped off I bet the barrel is messed up, I'll give you a crisp $100.00 bill for it though."

Nah. I felt bad for the guy. I think he was really struggle-busing. Actually, it MIGHT have been one or all 3 of the reasons I mentioned. But he ONLY talked about how great the grouping was. And it wasn't. LOL

I have a M12 and slam firing is mostly useless except in very narrow circumstances and the shooter actually practiced slam firing. People aren't going to take the time to practice that usually. For most people, it's also not intuitive because the natural reaction is to let go of the trigger.

I like it, how about trench knives in MA?
View attachment 521271

I gots one of those. Well, an '18. Found it at a gun show, believe it or not. Must have been 2009 or something - back when prices were very depressed b/c of the economy. No sheath, but a decent-condition 1918.
I have a M12 and slam firing is mostly useless except in very narrow circumstances and the shooter actually practiced slam firing. People aren't going to take the time to practice that usually. For most people, it's also not intuitive because the natural reaction is to let go of the trigger.

I couldn't imagine ANYONE slamfiring in a defensive situation. I mean, a shotgun in a defensive situation isn't the best alternative anyhow. But it would be similar to the NYPD unloading their G22's with their eyes closed. LOL

I feel Ithaca’s are so much smoother and better built. Better looking.

I still love the 97 but the Ithaca are the essential badass

Some day I'm gonna reduce my shotgun collection and get me an Ithaca.

I couldn't imagine ANYONE slamfiring in a defensive situation. I mean, a shotgun in a defensive situation isn't the best alternative anyhow. But it would be similar to the NYPD unloading their G22's with their eyes closed. LOL

Some day I'm gonna reduce my shotgun collection and get me an Ithaca.
I think slam fire can be a good alternative butjust like everything else, just need training.

don’t worry NY can still uphold that type of accuracy of unloading with their eyes open.

you should add an Ithaca before they go crazy high too, at least non trench model territory.

Back
Top Bottom