Inforce weapon light

Any opinions on the inforce weapon light by Haley strategic?

I like it. Inforce makes other versions of it, but the HSP is brighter and is just momentary on. I like that feature, but some people I know do not. Personal preference I guess. 200 lumens (IIRC) is blindingly bright.

I like the design, I wish it were more than 200 lumens. If you're actually planning on engaging something outside with some distance go with the surefire x300.

I like the design, I wish it were more than 200 lumens. If you're actually planning on engaging something outside with some distance go with the surefire x300.

Check out the newer WMLx - 500 lumens. This vid has a comparison of the HSP version vs. the high output version:

Last edited by a moderator:
So this light is awesome. Its not "I'm going to order more right now and replace every TLR1 I own" awesome, but it's worth the money to only use these going forward.

Inside of 50yds the difference is noticeable, but not awe inspiring. Outside of that range the comparison becomes a one sided victory. At 100yds the TLR1 is only bright enough to give you a shaded view, as in you'd be able to see movement, but not identify it. The WMLx is like a freaking spot light still at that distance. You could easily identify a person or object.

Controls are easy to use and the unit mounts easily with no tools. I like the flip up button guard. I frequently find my TLR1 turned on when transporting it in a case which is annoying.

The unit is roughly the same weight as my TLR1, though it is a bit longer and requires slightly more rail space.

If you're in the market for a light I'd put this at the top of your list. If you have a light, I'd consider the distance you want it to be useful and if that is beyond 50yds I'd upgrade. If it's just HD/CQB I'd hold off and spend money elsewhere.

Last edited:
So this light is awesome. Its not "I'm going to order more right now and replace every TLR1 I own" awesome, but it's worth the money to only use these going forward.

Inside of 50yds the difference is noticeable, but not awe inspiring. Outside of that range the comparison becomes a one sided victory. At 100yds the TLR1 is only bright enough to give you a shaded view, as in you'd be able to see movement, but not identify it. The WMLx is like a freaking spot light still at that distance. You could easily identify a person or object.

Controls are easy to use and the unit mounts easily with no tools. I like the flip up button guard. I frequently find my TLR1 turned on when transporting it in a case which is annoying.

The unit is roughly the same weight as my TLR1, though it is a bit longer and requires slightly more rail space.

If you're in the market for a light I'd put this at the top of your list. If you have a light, I'd consider the distance you want it to be useful and if that is beyond 50yds I'd upgrade. If it's just HD/CQB I'd hold off and spend money elsewhere.

Awesome. I think I will have to order one of these for my carbine.

Coming back to this thread after having the regular 200 lumen w/IR light on the rifle for a couple of weeks.

Doesn't have the outdoor range I want. If anyone is looking for an indoor only light and wants to take a few bucks off of the price, PM me. I'd either discount it or trade for the WMLX and pay the difference plus a bit.

Very nice form factor, bright enough indoors, just not enough oomph for what I have the rifle set up for.

Edit: Never mind. It's nice when you're just told to "go ahead and buy that one, too."

Last edited:
I have the HSP WML on my AR. Big fan. Momentary only is a good feature. I wouldn't mind one of the Inforce ones that have the ability to be made constant on, but there's really no good reason to need constant on. I have it on my keymod rail with the offset mount that puts the light at a 45 degree angle on the top left of the rail where my thumb is. Great setup.

500 lumens is a gimmick in my opinion. No one needs 500 lumens except for telling their friends they have the most lumens. For indoor 200 is right. For outdoor I wish I had 300, but 200 is fine. If your target is far enough away to need 500 lumens you shouldn't be engaging it. At least not if we're talking civilian life / defense. Maybe if you were hunting and maybe in an offensive role, but if your gun is for defense you don't need the WMLx.

Back
Top Bottom