• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Inova lights

For the prices, if they are good lights, I think a lot of people will buy them... Of course you will have the kool-aid drinkers that will tell you that unless the light costs $150 like their surefire it can't be any good....

For the prices, if they are good lights, I think a lot of people will buy them... Of course you will have the kool-aid drinkers that will tell you that unless the light costs $150 like their surefire it can't be any good....

I hear ya - I get caught up in it myself sometimes, (like your backpack post at WR). Some things are indeed worth the money though. I think if this holds up to recoil and weather, then it's likely GTG. I think a Surefire T6 with an LED head may be a better deal, (I'll have to check). I have a Brinkman on my SOCOM-16 that has held up really well and talk about cheap...$19.99 [wink]

I have never heard or read a bad thing about them. But I don't have any direct experience with them. I have shied away from them as they usually don't have the same output as other comparable-sized lights. Although looks like they have been stepping things up, at least with the T series. All depends what you need them for.

I've never had one mounted to a firearm... however I own three different models of them for use in the field as an EMT and firefighter. They are very high quality, and are well designed. I also have many cheapo LED flashlights I carry in my turnout gear, and there is a big difference between the cheapos and the Innovas, not just in quality, but in terms of useable light.

http://www.inovalight.com/

Anyone have any experience with these lights?

I own about four of their smaller two AA cell lights - Great lights, not too bright but pocket
size. Square bodies so they don't roll. I like them a lot. Great for looking down barrels,
etc. I think they have discontinued these. Too bad...

I bought my wife on of the single lithium cell lights and she loves it. (T1 I think)

Got my son one of the dual lithium cell lights and he loves it (T2 I think).

Bottom line: Worth the money as far as I am concerned. Seem to be well made. I can't
compare it against other brands as I haven't owned any others but I am a satisfied user.

Got my lights at ZHA.

Last edited:
I've got an Inova XO

I've got an Inova XO that I really like, it's rock solid and very bright. Their microlights I've had less luck with, I've owned two and both eventually had their plastic housing break where the clip attaches. The light still functions but it's less useful. I've had the lights for quite awhile, I think at least five years, but I'm not entirely sure.

I believe my brother knows some of the people working there (they are in RI), if you have some specific questions I may be able to get answers from them.

-Nat

I have used the X series LED indoors while shooting, did not illuminate nearly as well as my Surefire or Brinksman. If you weren't right on target with the light, there wassn't enough spill over to illuminate the target. The Brinkman you didn't have to be right on and the Surefire at 120 Lumen you bounce the light off the floor.

The T series looks lke a nice light.

Thanks for the tips! At least in my case, I'm looking for a weapons mountable light.

Supermoto - I hear what you're saying about the Brinkman - I have the 1-Watt LED on my SOCOM-16 - tossed it on there for kicks. To my surprise, it is still holding up just fine - despite the heavy recoil of the 7.62x51.

I have used the X series LED indoors while shooting, did not illuminate nearly as well as my Surefire or Brinksman. If you weren't right on target with the light, there wassn't enough spill over to illuminate the target. The Brinkman you didn't have to be right on and the Surefire at 120 Lumen you bounce the light off the floor.

The T series looks lke a nice light.

How long ago did you have your light? I was just reading some reviews, and it looks like that was the biggest complaint with the X series, so in 2007 they redid the lens and reflector to solve this issue.

BTW, I just ordered the small X1 to check it out, and abuse it to see how it holds up.

I have an Inova X5 (had it for over a year now, I think) and haven't had any trouble with it.

It doesn't create a ton of light but what it does do, is not eat batteries... I think I am still running the first set of batteries that came with it! I use it at work for looking for wiring, wallplate numbers, etc.

-Mike

How long ago did you have your light? I was just reading some reviews, and it looks like that was the biggest complaint with the X series, so in 2007 they redid the lens and reflector to solve this issue.

BTW, I just ordered the small X1 to check it out, and abuse it to see how it holds up.

It wasn't my light that I was shooting with so I don't know when it was made. I expect alot from flashlights, I find my 120 lumen Surefire 6p to be the min. I will accept from a good flashlight. The brinkman are good for what they are, basically disposable, the bulbs break easily if dropped.

Thanks for the reviews! Like I said, I did end up ordering the X-1 to check it out, but I will point out, that since the one you have purchased, they have changed the lens, and upgraded the LED to a 2 watt unit.

Back
Top Bottom