Intro to Clays / Clubs

Well you would not do it at a registered shoot or anything. You find a club with chill people and walk into the skeet house and make it clear you are new and was wondering if anyone would be willing to go shoot with you and your friend and show you the ropes. If nobody will then that place sucks and you dont want to shoot with those people anyway. I have shot with people sharing a gun in a casual round many times and as long as the action was open and they didnt load it unitl they were in the box I or any of the people I was with coudlve cared less. Good luck.

Speaking as a Trapezoid, not a Skeeter, swapping a gun during a Trap round is not readably workable, as at one point, one will be on station 1, and the other on 5. Long reach required.

As noted above, most Clubs have friendly people that will loan toys.

As for rental guns, since a club would have to have its own license, and likely an officer as signatory on all the paperwork, it's too much of a PITA.

Speaking as a Trapezoid, not a Skeeter, swapping a gun during a Trap round is not readably workable, as at one point, one will be on station 1, and the other on 5. Long reach required.

As noted above, most Clubs have friendly people that will loan toys.

As for rental guns, since a club would have to have its own license, and likely an officer as signatory on all the paperwork, it's too much of a PITA.

I agree with this quote. It would be hard with Trap and slow down the pace which is a huge part of that game. I am a skeet shooter a lot more than a trap guy so I was thinking in terms of skeet. Sharing a gun during a non competition and casual skeet round should not be a problem. Just remember, action open and dont load until you are in the box. Oh and normal rules of gun handling. Break these rules and people may have an issue. Tell people you are new and it will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom