Ipswich Brewery N/D

Love that this devolved into a conversation about the use of plural pronouns. Journalists have to dumb it down for the consumer to read.

Buncha fahkin retahds in here
Yep. Would like to hear what actually happened, who was involved, and the eventual consequences. Is the PD report public record?

Actually, of all the English-language tweaks, this is one of which I am in favor.

MsHappy used to teach Bridge, and wrote handouts, for her lessons. I'd read them to make sure that they were intelligible by a non-expert, and to proof them. Since it was a mixed class, and she wanted to be inclusive, kluges like
s/he and him/her were used. "They" would have made it a better read, and accomplished the goal.

That said, I feel for your aural discomfort.

What's driving me nuts, recently, is, "Thank-you, thank-you!" [puke]

Perhaps I'll post that in my First World Problems thread. [laugh]
Or yes yes or repearltimg the same thing whatever it is twice.

Or someone who over uses the word team

Yep. Would like to hear what actually happened, who was involved, and the eventual consequences. Is the PD report public record?

The latest issue of the Ipswich Local News on 4/3/24 states that the Ipswich police are charging the gun owner with carrying a firearm without a license, carrying a loaded firearm without a license, and discharging a firearm within 500' of a building so the initial report of the gun owner being from NH might be true. They still haven't named the person. The case was also submitted to the Essex County AG's office, so more charges could be added. I added the link to the newspaper for the first page only because I keep getting a virus warning that tries to lock my computer when trying to add the whole story.

The latest issue of the Ipswich Local News on 4/3/24 states that the Ipswich police are charging the gun owner with carrying a firearm without a license, carrying a loaded firearm without a license, and discharging a firearm within 500' of a building so the initial report of the gun owner being from NH might be true. They still haven't named the person. The case was also submitted to the Essex County AG's office, so more charges could be added. I added the link to the newspaper for the first page only because I keep getting a virus warning that tries to lock my computer when trying to add the whole story.

Had a feeling no LTC when said NH. Some natives have no idea how bad mAss is.

Sucks to be him.

Hopefully he can get the unlicensed charges dropped with his attorney referencing this case:

Commonwealth v. Dean Donnell

Sucks to be him.

Hopefully he can get the unlicensed charges dropped with his attorney referencing this case:

Commonwealth v. Dean Donnell

I wasn't aware of that case, so I'd like to see him win it too. Then they could only charge him with discharging a firearm within 500' of a building. It's a small fine from $50 to $100 or 3 months in a house of correction, or both. The PP status wouldn't be an issue if it goes this way.

Hopefully this mistake doesn't bankrupt him AND make him a PP. This is Massachusetts though, so I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully he has a good lawyer that will inform him of how boned he could be if he doesn't read the statutes carefully when they draw up the plea agreement.

I wasn't aware of that case, so I'd like to see him win it too. Then they could only charge him with discharging a firearm within 500' of a building. It's a small fine from $50 to $100 or 3 months in a house of correction, or both. The PP status wouldn't be an issue if it goes this way.
Slap the guys pee-pee, make him pay for any damages, and move on with life. That guy will never make that mistake again!!

The man was finally identified. He is from NH and additional charges were filed against him. He's being arraigned in Ipswich District Court today.
Ipswich Police Chief Paul Nikas announced several charges against Donald Terenzoni, 35, of Newton, N.H., in connection to Friday night’s incident after he accidentally fired his gun inside True North Ale Brewery.

Responding officers located Terenzoni in the brewery’s dining area suffering from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
A juvenile in the dining area was grazed by a piece of shrapnel and transported to a local hospital as a precaution. A second individual also suffered a minor injury as a result of shrapnel but declined medical transportation.

Police said a subsequent investigation determined that Terenzoni was not licensed to possess a firearm in Massachusetts.

Terenzoni is charged with carrying a loaded firearm without a license, carrying a firearm without a license, discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building, possession of ammunition without a firearms identification card, and three counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

He will be arraigned Friday in Ipswich District Court.

The incident remains under investigation.

The man was finally identified. He is from NH and additional charges were filed against him. He's being arraigned in Ipswich District Court today.

It boggles my mind that police can just make up charges that aren’t at all correlated to actual MGL:

Terenzoni is charged with carrying a loaded firearm without a license, carrying a firearm without a license,

I’d love to know how these are separate charges.

It boggles my mind that police can just make up charges that aren’t at all correlated to actual MGL:

Terenzoni is charged with carrying a loaded firearm without a license, carrying a firearm without a license,

You you mean you don’t carry an unloaded secondary in case your primary goes down? I thought that was the rules.

Another thought: Terenzoni, having never missed in his life, was carrying a firearm loaded with just one bullet. Thats your carrying a loaded firearm charge. Gun goes off, striking the target which maintains Terenzoni’s 100% hit rate, but now the gun is empty hence the carrying an unloaded firearm charge.

Back
Top Bottom