• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is a SAR a reasonable substitute for a CZ?

At a basic functionality level, probably yes. But like others have said, if you decide to sell it because you don't like it or want to get rid of it, you're going to get more % back for a used CZ than a used SAR. The CZ will probably be of higher quality and a slightly better fit/finish.

Think of how a German made HK MP5 is closer to the real thing and keeps it's value over time and for resale as compared to a Turkish clone. Both are pretty good quality and function very well, used by real world mil/police but you get the gist

I'm also interested in CZ but not their appearance. I think some of the Tanfoglio's look great. Anyone have experience with these - Tanfoglio Defiant Stock - Tanfoglio Defiant Stock II - Large Frame (IFG) 9mm - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 1027814314 or Tanfoglio Defiant Stock II - Large Frame (IFG) 10mm 5" - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 1027814292
Tanfo makes decent guns but im confused about "looks" its a CZ 75 clone they all look the same to me. 🤣

WTF!!!
pix282698621.jpg

Defiant Stock Masters are nice but still are not at the CZ level. You can upgrade them with Patriot Defense parts the way you might Cajunize your SP01 or Shadow or Shadow 2, but CZ is still meaningfully a step ahead in terms of smooth trigger pull with great break points. Only reason IMO to get the tanfo is if you want the 10mm caliber since CZ doesn’t make that.

is asked about the tango stock 2
I'm also interested in CZ but not their appearance. I think some of the Tanfoglio's look great. Anyone have experience with these - Tanfoglio Defiant Stock - Tanfoglio Defiant Stock II - Large Frame (IFG) 9mm - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 1027814314 or Tanfoglio Defiant Stock II - Large Frame (IFG) 10mm 5" - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 1027814292
The tanfo stock 2 the poster asked about is a different animal than the stock master the stock master is nose heavy the same as the shadow 2 is. The stock 2 is the tanfo to get! It is much better balanced than the shadow 2 which is nose heavy, the hard chrome finsh which helps with the looks (subjective) holds up better than the cz finish. What really sets the stock 2 apart from the shadow 2 is the tanfo has a coned bull barrel where as the cz has a regular barrel. the cz has a 5” barrel the tanfo 4.5” yet they have the same sight radius. All this contributes to the balanced feel of the stock 2. Both need to be tuned with patriot defense (tanfo) or Cajun (cz) parts to reach their full potential. After tuning the double action will be a tad lighter on the cz the single action on the tanfo will be better. The tanfo is easier to work on than the cz but when tuned to the ultimate max will need softer primers, the cz can get away with slightly harder primers. Haveing shot both a stock 2 and shadow 2 I would pick the tanfo stock 2 … even though the cz is better supported in the USA. (Absolutely loved the coned bull barrel) if you compare the shadow 2 to the tanfo stock master it would be more of a 50 50 choice due to them both being nose heavy and having pluses and minuses.

As far as nine or 10mm go with 9 …10 mm is another way of saying 40 …and all that that implies 😁

Back
Top Bottom