• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is the Mill famous?

Lol and who do you believe the arbiter of that is?

Protip: thankfully it's not the media. Its an opinion generated more likely because people have gun owners in their circles of friends and family. At least in most of the
country, maybe not MA. Although with like half million LTC holders or whatever it is now, a lot of people probably DO know gun owners if they live outside of a big dump
city.

You naievly assume they even know it happened. Most don't. most don't even care. (gun owners or nons alike). Gun control is a peacocked/astroturfed issue in most of the
country, frankly.

Also most voters arent running around mentally kvetching and handwringing about gun control. Particularly not at this point after the last 2 years.

Different ballgame, different context.

when it comes to horrible media sources (like the GLOB) who have already been proven to be incontrovertibly harmful to gun owners?

No quarter. Not even one inch. Never.

The answer should always be- f*** those people. "get out, or I'm going to get the cops to get you out, your choice".

Dealers allowing media outlets that have clearly acted in bad faith and with bad intent is pretty horrible.

Communist media in MA should be viewed no differently than child predators, etc ad nauseam.
i believe we, as gun owners, need to hold ourselves to a higher standard of behavior. much the same as many members of nes believe the police should. it certainly doesn't hurt the cause.

And a vehicle to hype the red sox and trash Kraft. Henry and his empty wife are obsessed with Kraft

Linda pizzuti is a hooker, an expensive one.
Henry also wanted the Globe headquarters site for real-estate development at the time, not realizing it was sufficiently contaminated to make the highly profitable development scheme he had in mind viable. That's why all of a sudden the organization is looking to stop being slumlords around Fenway Park and build something on decrepit properties they never put a dime into before. Henry is a skinflint. The Mugars, Yawkeys, Bochs, Leventhals, etc. all put tons of money into real philanthropy building physical things to advance arts, science, culture, public goods, while Henry has thrown a few dimes at baloney charities. He sucks as an owner and the Disneyfication of the Sox is sickening.

I have to say Bob Kraft hasn't been great on the munificence aspect either. Patriot's Place could be a better asset to Foxboro and he never really got anything significant named after Myra.

Last edited:
Henry also wanted the Globe headquarters site for real-estate development at the time, not realizing it was sufficiently contaminated to make the highly profitable development scheme he had in mind viable. That's why all of a sudden the organization is looking to stop being slumlords around Fenway Park and build something on decrepit properties they never put a dime into before..

It definitely was more a real estate deal than anything else. It the globe didn’t own the real estate I doubt anyone would have bought it.

They have to be losing. Illinois a year on the globe. No way that isn’t a money pit with how many subscribers they’ve lost over the decades.

I don’t care if they like me or us. I just want to be left alone
And that is the problem. We all want to just be left alone but they will not let that happen.

As they say, you may not be interested in <xyz> but <xyz> is interested in YOU.

Being polite and accepting has gotten us into this mess. NEVER give them ¼"

i believe we, as gun owners, need to hold ourselves to a higher standard of behavior. much the same as many members of nes believe the police should. it certainly doesn't hurt the cause.

Likewise media needs to be held to a higher standard. Telling them to f*** off is part of doing that.

I dont think that "good behavior" matters when it comes to people who have demonstrated they want to exterminate us, or for that matter exploit us.

I'm done "being nice" to tyrants and their facilitators.

Likewise media needs to be held to a higher standard. Telling them to f*** off is part of doing that.

I dont think that "good behavior" matters when it comes to people who have demonstrated they want to exterminate us, or for that matter exploit us.

I'm done "being nice" to tyrants and their facilitators.
They see good behavior as weakness.

They’re vultures and enjoy feeding of your dead carcass.

Don’t feed the vultures.

It's more than just guns too, I know people who had been interviewed by this or that newspaper (for some innocuous thing, like being interviewed as a witness or something) only to see
a quote from them get printed and be like "The guy interviewed me for like 5 minutes and basically he quoted the dumbest thing I said and only used that part of the conversation"
Anyone see a few weeks ago the news interview with the redneck fudd at NRA convention saying guns kill less people than blunt force trauma and then going off about how uneducated we all are?

Man got his stats wrong, "Assault Weapons" kill less people than blunt force trauma.

Telling them to f*** off is part of doing that.
no one said not to tell them to f*** off. it doesn't have to be explicit like that, especially to someone who has the power of printing it. you can go thumping your chest telling them to f*** off, i'll try and do it civilly. don't know who will be remembered, you or me. don't know who's going to be the most useful to the cause, you or me. i won't be her in 10-15 years to see where we are with this.

while your sentiment is shared by many, the response is a good example of how gun owners set themselves up for their own unfavorable view from "outsiders".

while your sentiment is shared by many, the response is a good example of how gun owners set themselves up for their own unfavorable view from "outsiders".
There is no winning “hearts and minds” here, unfortunately. You either can be red pilled with a history lesson on governments slaughtering their own citizens and the Founding Fathers own words about the critical importance of 2A to our survival, or not.

There really aren’t “a great mass of the unwashed” to be won over at this point.

Those who have spent their lives neck deep in indoctrination are never going to be swayed by a feel good gun story.

I hate the Glob
They banned me a few years ago because my commentaries to their columnists pissed off too many subscribers. [rockon] After Trump won I was having a field day with the likes of Yvonne Abraham, Mikey Cohen, Renee Graham, Shank Shaunessey, Dupes Dupont, etc. I still have the email from Jason Tuomey telling me I was cancelled for violating their posting policy, when I asked him to show me what I posted that violated their policy he just kept emailing me their policy. I cut and pasted replies to my rebuttals from subscribers telling me they hoped I died, would shoot myself and Trump, etc. and asked how they were allowed when I never posted or talked shit to the snowflakes. Total hypocrites like all Leftists.

Last edited:
I knew about the Bloomberg reporter showing up and was told he was told to get the f*** out of the Cops would be called. Why would an owner allow a reporter to sit in his shop observing him when she was not doing business? Is that not trespassing?

I don't think that "good behavior" matters when it comes to people who have demonstrated they want to exterminate us, or for that matter exploit us.

Those who have spent their lives neck deep in indoctrination are never going to be swayed by a feel good gun story.
I can't imagine that any kind of behavior (good, bad or indifferent) is going to sway the Boston Globe DimocRAT newspaper lady away from her goal of writing a flaming nasty hit piece on The Mill. It's what her bosses and readers want... and they shall get it! However, should Hell freeze over and she writes a "feel good" gun story instead, expect to see her in the unemployment line the very next day. [laugh]

I was at the old "Gun Runner' in Middleboro a few days after Newtown. I was there to pick up and AR lower and the place was packed. A news crew from channel 5 came in and wanted to interview people. John Costa got interviewed, but I made sure to stay out of camera range and I declined the chance to speak to the reporter.

No good every comes from talking to a reporter about firearms, no good at all.

I knew about the Bloomberg reporter showing up and was told he was told to get the f*** out of the Cops would be called. Why would an owner allow a reporter to sit in his shop observing him when she was not doing business? Is that not trespassing?
Unless it's something serious, the Littleton cops will only come to the Mill for guns and ammo. They'd rather just sit in their cruisers, drink coffee and scratch their nuts waiting for a chance to write a speeding ticket or shoot a dog. Jack.

I don't know what may have changed since the late 80s but we had trespassing arrests down to a science at the old Shoppers World. You have to keep in mind that we were all FPD Specials so we had more options than the average rent-a-cop, essentially the same as a PO but only while we were working. The owners had their high priced lawyers write up a sign posted at every entrance stating the general public was permitted on the property for the purpose of shopping, all others were trespassing. So if you wanted to get rid of a group of people who were causing trouble all you needed to do was walk up to them and ask "what's up", they would always answer "just hanging out". Well hanging out isn't shopping so instant trespass, take out the cuffs and call the station for transport. There is a reason we never had issues with rowdy groups, gangs, or protestors. Now college kids trying to steal the dear from Santa's village, that was a problem every year.

So put up some signs that say all reporters or members of the media are trespassing. @nstassel would that pass as proper notification?
The one thing I miss about that hell hole town is the nut cracker soldiers they put up every Christmas, preserved from Shoppers World.

ETA ok, Chinese restaurants and scantily clad chicas, too

EETA the NES meetups

Last edited:
One Eye Jack may recall a fewer years back there was a reporter who wanted to do a story on Concord Rod and Gun Club being in the heart of American history. We discussed it at a board meeting one night and decided that Henry who was president at the time was going to turn that reporter away with no interview. None of us was willing to get into that fight if it went sideways later on. They can’t be trusted. EVER!!
I do forget what paper it was poking around.

Gun owners are some of the nicest people I am not sure how much nicer you want them to be.

Some are a**holes, but that is the same everywhere. For the most part they are good people.

I said to myself there has to be at least one smoking hot reporter there, lets find a pic and post it here.

Well, Googled for 15 seconds, all ugly AF. That is as much time as I am willing to spend on this.

The Boston Globe = Guilty.
Take one for the team, seduce her, turn her pro2A, she writes a puff piece on the Mill changing hearts and minds of wine soaked neurotic soccer moms in the wealthy western suburbs of Boston...

It's a sacrifice NES is willing for you to make for us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom