It was a good day! LTC arrived.

JFR2

Army Veteran
NES Member
Yesterday was a very good day indeed. It went to my first NES Member event and I came home to find my LTC-A (no restrictions) in my mailbox!
[banana]

Walpole- LTC-A (None)
Dropped off paperwork Sept 9th
Interview with COP, fingerprints, and MIRCS Sept 28
Arrived in mail November 6th

Now for the agonizing decision of what to buy 1st?!?!?!?

-JR

So you got an unrestricted license in a supposedly RED town. Good job.

Good luck with your first purchase.

Congrats! You must have gotten some great 1st gun ideas at the shoot, eh? Or maybe 2nd, 3rd, 4th, ............ad paupertas (until poverty). [smile]

Congrats! You must have gotten some great 1st gun ideas at the shoot, eh? Or maybe 2nd, 3rd, 4th, ............ad paupertas (until poverty). [smile]

The guns I fired yesterday (FN's, S&W 500) are not good choices for a 1st gun. [wink][laugh]

Go for a 4 inch barreled .357 revolver. It's a great all around gun.

Shoot .38 for practice. Makes a great home defense gun, and if you dress it right, you can carry it.

If you don't need a self defense gun, or not yet, but a .22 and really spend some time learning to shoot with cheap ammo.

Any special circumstances on your part? (Ex-mil, handle large sums of cash, etc)?

Ex-Mil, plus I do wedding photography on the side. I mentioned that my clients often pay me cash on the wedding night and I often find myself in dark function hall parking lots after the weddings with cash and several thousand dollars in camera equipment.

Go for a 4 inch barreled .357 revolver. It's a great all around gun.

Shoot .38 for practice. Makes a great home defense gun, and if you dress it right, you can carry it.

If you don't need a self defense gun, or not yet, but a .22 and really spend some time learning to shoot with cheap ammo.

This is great advice. My first handgun was actually two guns. I got a S&W 686 with a 4" barrel and a Sig 226. They are both still my favorite guns with the 686 at the top of the list, and now have lots of company in the safe.
.357 is a proven round that is sure to get your attention when fired.

Congrats on the new license. Shoot well and shoot often.

A good friend of mine just got his liscense from Walpole and was told that the number of applications was way up and they were having a hard time trying to keep up. I thought "At least they are trying to keep up!"

Congrats! Enjoy the privilage and go purchase. My first hand gun was the Smith & Wesson 686 .357 Mag Stainless with Hogue grips.
Then of course you must purchase a pistol. Love my Sig 229 a great gun to shoot/field strip and carry.
Check them out. Everyone has their favorites.

Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom