iTrader "rating" vs. "feedback"

BuggsBunny

NES Member
Hi friends,

I need an explanation of iTrader "deal ratings", as distinct from iTrader "feedback". I've concluded 5 successful transactions with board members, and received (and given) positive feedback for all of them. When I give feedback, I click on the little number in parentheses under the member's username, click "Submit feedback for ________", type something in the little box that appears, and click "Submit". My little message, such as "Smooth deal, no problems, A+" appears at the head of the member's list of feedback, and, at that point, I've always thought that I'm done.

The reason I'm concerned is that I've only recently noticed that, next to the message that appears, there's an "Options" section with 3 little icons. The first of those icons appears to be a sheet of paper which may either be grayed out or in full color. When mousing over this icon, one of two messages will appear in a text box. If the little sheet of paper is grayed out, it says "Rating already submitted". If it's in color, it says "Submit a rating for this deal." Some of my positive feedback (and that of those with whom I've transacted) has grayed out icons, and some of the transactions are still "unrated".

What is this? Should I be doing something besides leaving a positive message like "No problems, excellent seller to do business with"? I'm concerned that, all the while I have been thinking that I've left prompt positive feedback for people, they may be thinking ill of me if there's actually something else I should be doing in addition to leaving a simple message.

If someone has the time and knowledge, I'd be grateful for an explanation and directions on how to "rate" people and what this means. I wish this iTrader thing could be a little simpler, really. Isn't a positive comment all that's needed?

Back
Top Bottom