Junior Girl IPSC Video

Hope it is not a dupe - this is pretty cool: a 12 and 10 year old competitor in the 2009 Norway championship:

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Cow. I hope they stay in Norway. I would find it hard to live down being beaten by a 10 yr old girl.

I love how the 2nd girl was running thru the course without the gun. I'm new to guns, so I assume she is doing that to develop the muscle memory for when she actually shoots the course?

That was great.

Watching those girls reminded me of the quote credited to Wyatt Earp. "Fast is good. Accurate is final."

Those girls will be even more fun to watch in a few years.

I love how the 2nd girl was running thru the course without the gun. I'm new to guns, so I assume she is doing that to develop the muscle memory for when she actually shoots the course?
It's for remembering the course of fire. I don't know if IPSC is the the same as SASS, but if you shoot the targets out of order, you get penalized.

Last edited:

It's done for the same reason you do thousands of reps to build 'muscle memory' for fundamental shooting skills. The more you run through (and visualize the stage run), the less you have to think about what you're doing while your doing it. Consciously thinking about what you're doing slows you down. If you can let your subconscious take over, you can shoot much faster. On my best stages, I've felt like I was just an observer along for the ride.

I love watching IPSC videos from other countries, hearing the same familiar commands in English with everything else in some other language.

It's done for the same reason you do thousands of reps to build 'muscle memory' for fundamental shooting skills. The more you run through (and visualize the stage run), the less you have to think about what you're doing while your doing it. Consciously thinking about what you're doing slows you down. If you can let your subconscious take over, you can shoot much faster. On my best stages, I've felt like I was just an observer along for the ride.

+1
This is the reason you see the shooter air gun the stage.

Back
Top Bottom