just got my FID/bought ammo... QUESTION!!

so i just got my FID about an hour ago. the first thing i did, i went and bought ammo! so i walk into a store i know that sells ammo(not a gun store), i get someone to unlock the case for me so i can get a box for .22 LR. i walk up to the counter in the fron of the store to pay for it and the cashier asks to see my ID. so i assume he wants my FID.. nope. i handed him my FID and he looks at the front of it then asks to see an ID that has my birthdate on it. so he hands me back my FID, i hand him my drivers licens and he types my birthdate into the computer and hands me back my licences. i then tell him "oh i just assumed you wanted my FID" he then says to me "oh, no i dont really care about that"

should this be a red flagg??? or do you not need a FID/LTC to buy ammo?

The "red flag" went up when you needed a license to buy / posess ammo. Y'all have done it for so long that you think it's perfectly acceptable.

However, glad you now have been blessed by heads-of-state to be able to purchase the tools of self defense.

Obviously careless and inexperienced sales staff.

Next time, see if the same person will ring-up a case of ammo at the per box price.

Report back with the results.

[wink]

Did the person who unlocked the case look at your FID?

no, no one seamed interested. the guy at the counter just wanted my birthdate, and the laddy who opened the case just seamed pissed off becasue she was from the electronics department.

was it a young person behind the counter?

yea the person was kind of young.. maybe 18-20ish(about my age)

What was the name of the store ? It must be reported immediately to the local authorities before a small child gets hurt.

i dont want to give out the name of the place unless other people think this is a serious concern. i dont want some one to get intouble just for the sake of getting them fired. if other people think this is a serious matter i'll follow though with it. possible go in, buy another box and see if it happens again. contact the manager if it does.

i dont want to give out the name of the place unless other people think this is a serious concern. i dont want some one to get intouble just for the sake of getting them fired. if other people think this is a serious matter i'll follow though with it. possible go in, buy another box and see if it happens again. contact the manager if it does.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Sure the store could get in trouble if they got caught but... If someone without a FID really wanted ammo it is a short drive over to RI or NH...

If you feel like being nice you could notify the department manager or something... better to hear from a customer than the MA gun gestapo.

I went to pick up some 7.62x39 on Wed. and forgot my LTC on the scanner at home (had to email it to a vendor) and they would not sell to me which I was not mad about b/c this is MA after all. So I went back Fri. and got what I wanted. It is a damn shame when you can't even buy ammo without permission from the state.

Don't "turn in" the store, if anything talk to the manager maybe he knows but is rebelling against the MAN![wink]

Back
Top Bottom