Just got my WA non-resident CCW permit

Bill Nance

Banned
I'm dumbfounded. We applied while we were out there for my Brother-In-Law's memorial service. That was March 8th. The whole process was about ten minutes for both of us.

I just got it in the mail today and the issue date was March 11th.

Washington has always been good about permits, but this was really fast. The permit is honored by 20 states incl Vermont and AK.

ETA: Forgot to say the fee was $55 for 5 years.

Last edited:
Do you have to be there?

I'm not entirely sure on that. I would suggest you call the WA Dept. of Licensing in Olympia/Seattle (Not sure where their offices are) and find out. I know they scanned our fingerprints, but they may accept ones sent by your local PD. You could also try the Yakima County Sheriff's office at 509-574-2500 /800-572-0490 and talk to them. They issue these a lot and it's a very pro-gun jurisdiction so you may get more assistance than from the State.

Do you have to be there?

From what I understand you have to apply in person for a WA non-res. permit. But, Washington State just got reciprocity with Florida, so if you have a Florida CWP you can carry in Washington state, even if you're not a resident of Florida.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html

I believe a Utah non-res. also covers Washington State.

Either way, if you wanted to be able to carry there without going there first then you could.

Back
Top Bottom