Just Got NH Non-Resident Permit

I just got it in the mail today but I noticed that no where on the license does it say anything about ALP (which I checked off on the application) or anything about restrictions. How do I know what I got???[thinking]

NH doesn't restrict permits, so you're looking for something that doesn't exist. [laugh]

-Mike

oh ok. DOH!

I just figured that since it asked on the application, I would see some sort of "term" on the permit. Thanks for clearing that up.[dance]

I just got it in the mail today but I noticed that no where on the license does it say anything about ALP (which I checked off on the application) or anything about restrictions. How do I know what I got???[thinking]

You are restricted to only carrying on days that end with the letter 'Y'. Sorry man, I know it sucks.

just out of curiousity, do you hoplites have to provide photographs, finger prints, etc., when applying for an out of state NH permit the way we free NH Spartans have to when applying in your states? or do you just get the same little crinkled up piece of paper that we do? you know... the one that costs $10 bucks and is good for 5 years when a fishing license for us costs $35 and is only good for one year?

See, but the fishing license helps pay for the fish you are going to catch; so its not that bad a deal...speaking of which-
Does NH have the rule where you can fish un-stocked waters without a license?

just out of curiousity, do you hoplites have to provide photographs, finger prints, etc., when applying for an out of state NH permit the way we free NH Spartans have to when applying in your states? or do you just get the same little crinkled up piece of paper that we do? you know... the one that costs $10 bucks and is good for 5 years when a fishing license for us costs $35 and is only good for one year?

No, you just send a copy of your CCW from another state (may require homestate), with $20. Then you get a credit card/drivers license style card after waiting. I've taken to keeping my res license in my shoe; mainly cuz I always seem to leave my wallet at home at least twice a week.

The permit took almost 2 months. They are extremely backed up because of the election of a new president. So backed up in fact that the woman from the permit department called me and informed me that 3 weeks ago she was working off of mail she received the first week of December.

If you apply now, expect at least a two month wait, unless of course they are all caught up.

Back
Top Bottom