Guns n Gadgets - Firearm Permit Process Ruled Unconstitutional!

Reality is that IF you are going to have laws of use and restriction of ANYTHING, and you don't have the ability to instantly check a person's statis in this regard, then a permit/license system is nessisary. That was a major motivator for drivers licensing and firearms licensing (

I don’t think this is true. Licensing of drivers and registration of cars was a money grab, nothing more.

What reason(s) did they give for the denial? What town was it?
According to PD I was untruthful on my application about being arrested in another state. The DA decided not to file any charges on me and they released me after 3 hours , so I marked “No” on my application and they discover that I’ve been arrested.

According to PD I was untruthful on my application about being arrested in another state. The DA decided not to file any charges on me and they released me after 3 hours , so I marked “No” on my application and they discover that I’ve been arrested.

But you were arrested, weren’t you? “Didn’t charge” is not the same as “not arrested”

But you were arrested, weren’t you? “Didn’t charge” is not the same as “not arrested”
True. My attorney told me not to mentioned about the arrest on any application since that was a false arrest. I didn’t know that is going to pop up on my record.

True. My attorney told me not to mentioned about the arrest on any application since that was a false arrest. I didn’t know that is going to pop up on my record.

Oh, wow. You got really bad advice. That sucks.

I tell my students (Mass. safety course) to disclose EVERYTHING, even if it’s irrelevant or has been vacated or you were a minor or the judge told you it has been expunged; because you don’t really know what records the cops will have access to, and even being wrong can get you a perjury charge which is a lifetime disqualifier if convicted.

I don’t think this is true. Licensing of drivers and registration of cars was a money grab, nothing more.

Not just that.

The purpose of licensing is to force subjects to need something the government can take away,

Why does everyone get hung up on the use of a DL as an example, read my response to this, pick a license that fits for the example and go with that.

And the idea that a single thing is the one and only reason licensing is done (many different kinds) is the kind of biased, myopic BS that prevents understanding and forming an effective argument. This apply to everything in the real world, not just licensing. I'm you these reasons were considered, but they were not the only reason.

Back
Top Bottom