Just heard about HR-17

1/6/2009--Introduced.
Citizens' Self-Defense Act of 2009 - Declares that a person not prohibited under the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act from receiving a firearm shall have the right to obtain firearms for security and to use firearms in defense of: (1) self or family against a reasonably perceived threat of imminent and unlawful infliction of serious bodily injury; (2) self or family in the course of the commission by another person of a violent felony against the person or a member of the person's family; and (3) the person's home in the course of the commission of a felony by another person.
Authorizes persons whose rights under this Act have been violated to bring an action in U.S. district court against the United States, any state, or any person for damages, injunctive relief, and such other relief as the court deems appropriate.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-17

I'm sure Obama and his friends in the house/senate will do their best to kill this.

It's a good idea, but this is strictly a state issue and the Feds should keep the F%*$k out of it.

For all that I despise MASS gun laws, it's at least possible for me to move to another state. When the feds make a law we're all screwed. Sorry, I'm not supporting a more intrusive federal government. Just because I like the idea doesn't make the 10th amendment go away.

We need to get back the the basics, which means dismantling a huge number of federal laws, not supporting more that blatantly shit all over the constitution and the idea of state's rights.

Of course the new administration will kill this because it empowers people to take responsibility for their own protection. If "The People" are allowed to become self reliant in this manner, it diminishes their need of a government function. When you foster a culture of dependency on government, it enhances the governments control over us and makes one far more likely to vote for the Jackass Party candidates.

Back
Top Bottom