Kingston company designs flashlights for women's self-defense

Interesting. A question though is why all the women in your life do not already have a Surefire or similar? My Mother, cousins and girlfirends (not at same time) all E2s and then E2Ds when they came out. I check every so often that they are carrying them and know how to use them.

I bought a fairly nice flashlight. It was under $60, and is 176 lumens. It's a no-name brand (as far as I can tell) called SpiderFire. It uses a Cree-LED and is pretty nice IMO for the price.

Wait till the liberals find about about these. We'll have to fight the "Assault Flashlight" ban.

You missed the whole "if found at the scene of a fray with an aluminum bodied flashlight containing two or more cells."

Not even in the fray, just at the scene, never mind actually using it.

I like the "Tactical Balls": http://www.brite-strike.com/LawEnforcement.html

That's a cute idea. Add a delayed "on" and you could light up your enemy without them knowing where it came from.

FWIW, I picked up a little 65lumen Dorcy flashlight that is ~3-4" long and fits neatly in my coat pocket. Runs off a single 123 battery. Cost $35 and worth every penny. It's always with me now. It's not much good past ~30' due to a wide angle lens, but it'll light a room and temporarily blind you at a range less than that. The only down side is it doesn't have the serations on the lens.

I was just about to post those. Those are VERY cool.

FWIW, I picked up a little 65lumen Dorcy flashlight that is ~3-4" long and fits neatly in my coat pocket. Runs off a single 123 battery. Cost $35 and worth every penny. It's always with me now. It's not much good past ~30' due to a wide angle lens, but it'll light a room and temporarily blind you at a range less than that. The only down side is it doesn't have the serations on the lens.

Where did you get this light?

Where did you get this light?

It was either a TrueValue hardware store in billerica center, or Target... I don't remember.

But here it is: http://www.dorcydirect.com/p-15-41-4262-45-lumens-1-watt-led-flashlight-with-cr123-battery.aspx
This is actually 45lumen. I was mistaken, but it is still a darn good light, and sells on this site for $20!

This was the 65lumen one I bought that is in my truck and my wife's car. A little to big for convenient carry: http://www.dorcydirect.com/p-38-65-lumens-3-watt-led-flashlight-with-batteries.aspx

But I think I'll upgrade my car lights to this: http://www.dorcydirect.com/p-23-120-lumens-6-watt-led-flashlight-2-cr123-batteries.aspx
120 lumens for $35.

And I'll upgrade our carry lights to these Bright-Strike lights.

Has anyone taken the "art of the kubaton" course from GOAL? this would go well with a small light I think.

For car flashlights, my wife and I have Maglights. One good thing about a nice 3 or 4 D cell Maglight is the "be cool stick" factor. As in, you smack someone with it while saying "F---er, be cool!"

Sometimes, it's just nice to have a good heavy club... that's perfectly legal to carry. Unless you're in NJ, where 4 D-cell Maglights are considered lethal weapons. [rolleyes]

The Brite-Strike folks have a course document http://www.brite-strike.com/course.pdf designed to go with their kit. Maybe good for those who might not accept a firearm as self-defense, not be allowed to have a firearm where they work/travel or not be allowed to carry a firearm at all (like most Boston residents).

They go a bit soft, advising not to shine light in a person's eyes more than 2 seconds or strike the face, saying the attacker might sue the victim if permanently harmed. I think they might be too concerned about giving advice that gets them sued.

I carry an InovaX5. It's a great little flashlight. I keep it in my car, and it comes in handy every now and then. It's great not having to say "Man, I wish I had a flashlight!" anymore. It's been running on the same battery for about 1-1/2 years now.

gear_inovaX5-001.jpg

I used to carry an Inova flashlight. It got dropped once, and trying to get it fixed under their warranty was a horror show. Took like two months to get it back.

Now I carry a Maglite when I'm working and a Surefire for uh... social occasions.

I spend half my day inspecting buildings so a flashlight is a daily carry item for me.

I have a Surefire 6p. It is a great light. The batteries are very expensive so I what I did was put a Surefire compatible 9v incadescent bulb in the light and I am powering it with rechargeable CR123a lithium batteries.

The reason for the bulb swap is that the rechargeable batteries run at a higher voltage than regular CR123a lithium batteries and the stock bulb can't handle the juice.

Free lumens.

6D

I got a 6d maglite I found on the side of the road, while walking home from school in 7th grade still got it! The thing will cut through a 2x4. Awesome weight and its like a spotlight on a foggy night really cool! [smile]

Great site. I just found what I'm getting my nieces for their birthdays.
Two out of the four of them are attending schools in the Boston area so this will be perfect for them.
Bright lights and personal alarms, Sheeple approved ! [smile]
'Course I'd prefer to see 'em with at least a J-frame but they live on campus... [frown]

...and on a related note; If you have children and don't want to have them lose a $100.00 flashlight try one of these Ray-O-Vac 3 Watt LED lights, I would'nt reccomend giving one to a little kid as they are quite bright but for say, 3rd or 4th graders they'd be great. Solid aluminum construction, no sharp edges, they run on AA batteries and Wal-Mart has 'em for about twenty five bucks.

Back
Top Bottom