Knoxx Recoil Reducing Stock

I just got my knoxx stock and have installed it, I cannot wait to use it...hopefully wednesday : ). The knoxx stock also comes with a new forend which looks great. My question is, I have a mossberg 500A persuader and was wondering if anyone has changed their forend on this particular gun. You have to remove a nut just before the forend but, it's a nut with like 3 or 4 slits in it. I just don't want to damage my shotgun by taking it off the wrong way. Thanks in advance....

"you need to remove the barrel. to do this slide the fore end towards the back ( as if you were pumping in a round and i know this is obvious but make sure its unloaded) leave the slide towards the back. don't pump it back forward.) on the end of the mag tube there is a nut with knurled sides. remove the nut. Once you remove the nut the barrel should slide free of the receiver. it may take some wiggling. once barrel is removed you will be left with the mag tube and the receiver. if you look at the tip of the foregrip there will be a large nut with two notches . I usually use a long screwdriver with a small flat head tip. i wrap the screwdriver in tape so i don't scratch the gun. then unscrew the nut. the fore end will simply slide off once you take off the nut but in my case I had to really work at getting the fore end off. Removing the barrel makes it easier to do the swap."

Same way I do it. Right to tight. Left to loosen

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom