Knoxx Sidewinder AWB issue?

It has to be semi automatic to fall into the AWB. A pump action is good to go. That's a pretty cool set up if it works well....

I believe that it falls afoul of the large capacity magazine ban, even though the shotgun itself does not.

Last edited:
I believe that it falls afoul of the large capacity magazine ban, even though the shogun itself does not.

Everyone in MA must keep in mind that the large-cap mag ban is a SEPARATE ISSUE from the AWB.

So as rlee points out, the gun can be OK but the mag (if large-cap new mag) can land you in jail. [NOTE: I haven't looked at the pictures so I don't know about this particular case, just providing info on the law here.]

One reason large capacity tubes are a gray area is because a tube designed for a magnum shell can hold several more short shells. That ambiguity doesn't exist for a magazine.

One reason large capacity tubes are a gray area is because a tube designed for a magnum shell can hold several more short shells. That ambiguity doesn't exist for a magazine.

Tubes don't count. I had Glidden clear this up for me (and the other 250 attendees) at his May seminar.

I go into detail as to why this is so in my MA Gun Law seminar (see link below).

Due to mini-shells, if tubes counted, every new shotgun would be an illegal new large-cap mag!

Tubes don't count. I had Glidden clear this up for me (and the other 250 attendees) at his May seminar.

Was this Glidden's opinion or is it reflected somewhere in regulations or case law?

TTBOMK, this is not spelled out in regs or case law. And I still can't find the MGL that states that we are legally allowed to breathe in MA either. [wink]

This was expressed as the opinion of EOPS. I asked publicly because it was an "unknown" to me and I wanted to include that info in my MA Gun Laws seminars.

There is logic to that opinion. I'm sure that I've posted it here before.

Back
Top Bottom