• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lakeville, Ma. Primary results

It was TRUMP 928 and Haley 321 !!! Out of a total of 1,283 ! Biden got 550 out of a total of 719 !!
One has absolutely NOTHIN to do with the other !!!!!!!
gee you mean biden wasn't running against trump in this one? no shit

but just for lil bitches like you, i will have you know, Trump won in freetown in 2016 and 2020 so there is that too

This thread is f***ing useless and shows the ignorance of the voting public in mass is alive and well on NES.

You cannot extrapolate ANYTHING on votes cast for Trump and votes cast for Biden on Tuesday. They were not on the same ballot..... The democrat turnout was VERY low because Biden is the incumbent and running against basically nobody.

Jesus h christ I guess I expected more from nes.
I understand your point and you are correct that they weren't on the same ballot. The question is this: are the primary votes received by the primary winners a reasonable prediction of the general election votes?

Let's look at the last six presidential elections. The percentages are the # votes by the primary winner (either D or R) dividied by the number of primary votes for the D winner + the R winner. Yes, I know that I'm comparing apples and oranges here, but let's see if there appears to be a correlation.

YearR PrimaryR GeneralD PrimaryD General
202033.52%32.00%66.48%66.00%
201633.95%33.00%66.05%60.00%
201267.51%38.00%32.49%61.00%
200828.59%36.00%71.41%62.00%
200412.50%37.00%87.50%62.00%
200048.73%33.00%51.27%60.00%

So, looking at the last 6 presidential elections in Massachusetts, the primary total percentage matched the direction of the general election 5 out of 6 times (2020, 2016, 2008, 2004, and 2000). In terms of the percentages won in the primary, the actual percentages in the primary were only close 1/2 of the time. So, is it a great predictor? Not great, but I think it is still useful.

I think what is more clear is the pattern of the general election in MA. In the past 6 elections, the R has received 32-38% of the vote while the D has received 60-66% of the vote.

Biden 780
Trump. 1264
Lakeville is doing its part. Way to go lakeville!
Any other good results reported?

Not to be a killjoy, but what does it matter when he doesn't have a chance in November? Rs pick losers again and again, and then act surprised. Purist, short sighted fools! Of course, most folks in MA are left wing, elitist POS and wouldn't think of even supporting Haley, but we do have a history of R governors. Diehl? Are you fuquing kidding?

Not to be a killjoy, but what does it matter when he doesn't have a chance in November? Rs pick losers again and again, and then act surprised. Purist, short sighted fools! Of course, most folks in MA are left wing, elitist POS and wouldn't think of even supporting Haley, but we do have a history of R governors. Diehl? Are you fuquing kidding?
Trump’s chances in MA are very different from his chances in other states. While he has zero chance of winning MA, Biden has zero chance of winning WY. Right now, polls are favoring Trump. We will see what happens in November.

Trump’s chances in MA are very different from his chances in other states. While he has zero chance of winning MA, Biden has zero chance of winning WY. Right now, polls are favoring Trump. We will see what happens in November.

I hate Trump less than I hate the traitor Biden, but what a choice. A treasonous POS v. an egotistical drama queen. Out of 330 million people and this is the best we can do?

Anyway, I agree, but neither MA nor WY make a difference. It's PA, NV, GA, and such places.

I hate Trump less than I hate the traitor Biden, but what a choice. A treasonous POS v. an egotistical drama queen. Out of 330 million people and this is the best we can do?
I agree completely. I wish we had different choices, but here we are.
Anyway, I agree, but neither MA nor WY make a difference. It's PA, NV, GA, and such places.
Correct again. It will be the swing states that decide the election.

Biden 780
Trump. 1264
Lakeville is doing its part. Way to go lakeville!
Any other good results reported?
Lakeville : how many registered voters 10k ?

Most dems probably stayed home for primary.
I will be really shocked if trump gets a good heavy Rep vote come November.
Sadly I know to many Rep and Ind that say they are not voting for trump….
I keep telling people be more concerned with all the “old” people in the senate.

Yes. The last time MA went for a Republican presidential candidate was Reagan in 1984.

Even if they aren't good with it, they will still vote D.
I know dems that cant get past 5-6 min of political conversation with out bringing up Kenedy(s) Mind set is ingrained.

I said screw it past few elections and just vote against those already seated.

Just my 2 cents.....at least the egotistical drama queen has a platform that I agree with about 70% of. Trumps an a**h***......but he's an a**h*** that has a chance at lowering taxes, inflation, interest and the number of border jumping freeloaders while raising income levels. I say he has a chance of doing it........that's it. With Biden you know your gonna get 4 more years of tax and spend bullshit.

Just my 2 cents.....at least the egotistical drama queen has a platform that I agree with about 70% of. Trumps an a**h***......but he's an a**h*** that has a chance at lowering taxes, inflation, interest and the number of border jumping freeloaders while raising income levels. I say he has a chance of doing it........that's it. With Biden you know your gonna get 4 more years of tax and spend bullshit.

I would rather have Trump than traitor Joe any day, but he squandered, as Rs tend to do, 2016-2018 getting nothing but addressing Obamacare. Rs are fools who stick their heads in the sand re: abortion and such things. Then they lose and get nothing. Purist fools lose everything.

Statewide results:

Biden: 524,262
Trump: 340,312
So less than a million people out of 5mil or so voters showed up for the primaries.
Well at least if these voters where all Registered DEMs and REPs
The Rs turned out in a higher percentage.

NH has not pulled off a R win since what 2000?
So I have little hope for MA

my towns results

Haley beat Trump and Biden had more votes than those two combined.

So less than a million people out of 5mil or so voters showed up for the primaries.
Well at least if these voters where all Registered DEMs and REPs
The Rs turned out in a higher percentage.
It won’t matter in November. Based on the results of the last six elections, I predict Biden will get around 60% of the vote in MA and Trump will get around 35% of the vote.

How many Dems do you think voted for haley?
None. No registered Democrats can pull a Republican ballot (nor the reverse). Unenrolled voters could request either ballot. Many of those votes for Haley came from unenrolled voters. Some of those unenrolled voters will vote for Biden in the general election, some will vote for Trump, and some will vote for a third party. Biden will easily win MA.

My sister-in-law went to vote when she asked for a blue ballot about 20 people stared her down..!!

Attachments

• istockphoto-1146642361-612x612.jpg
    istockphoto-1146642361-612x612.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1
How many Dems do you think voted for haley?

I’m guessing a lot of democrats who are technically registered as unenrolled voted for her. The Trump hate is strong.

And when it comes time for the election they’ll go full Dem

I've said it before. When Jay Severin (sp) was on the air he used to say conservatives make up about 35% of the vote (in Mass). We are not going to get "our" guy. The best we can hope for is someone who will vote for "our" side is about 50% of the time as opposed to the guy who voted against us 99% of the time. I think there's a lot of truth in that statement.

Do you know why the D's always win in MA? Because they turn out to vote. If EVERY R voter actually voted, there might be a different end to this story.
This is true nationally also. How many R's just stay home because "my state always goes for the D's, so what's the point?"

1. It just don't matter. Pretty sure Joltin Joe got less votes than Trump in Taunton. I just don't care. It's an irrelevant #.

2. If every R went to vote and voted R in mASS, we'd amount to 1.3m votes versus a combined 8m voters who are registered D or U/E. (Because U/E's are just Damnocraps that don't want to register Damnocrap. My mom is one of them. ????). All you'd need is 20% voter turnout for D's and you'd STILL lose by a large margin.

3. Presidential elections are about electoral votes, not popular vote. If my state is for-sure going to Biden, my vote is useless. That said, I'll take the Electoral College system b/c without it, TX, CA, NY, FL would run ALL national elections.

4. One of the rare occasions I did not vote. It was a non-issue.

Back
Top Bottom