• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Last night in Worcester, MA

Clark grad here. Main south was dumpy in the 80s. Has it gotten better or worse?
Worse. I've worked in the Main South area for close to 15 years. You become so used to the insanity that every once in awhile when you stop and really look at how things are there, you realize you're in the midst of the zombie apocalypse 🤣

Ah Worcester... the city that cannot be jumpstarted. There have been several attempts to gentrify it over the last 30 years. Each one of them has failed simply because of the general population specifics. It is a lost cause. Unfortunately it is also a textbook template for city failure due to leftist politics. You would think folks learn.

Ah Worcester... the city that cannot be jumpstarted. There have been several attempts to gentrify it over the last 30 years. Each one of them has failed simply because of the general population specifics. It is a lost cause. Unfortunately it is also a textbook template for city failure due to leftist politics. You would think folks learn.

Boston keeps taking all the companies.
Same happens in Providence. RI is a sh*t hole, of course, but tech companies have a hard time hiring when people are around Boston.

Clark grad here. Main south was dumpy in the 80s. Has it gotten better or worse?
I used to get wasted with my buddy and we'd drive up and down main south looking for hookers... when they would come up to the car we'd tell them no f***ing way and play fail sound from price is right on my piano tie.... good times lol

It is, but it depends what kind.

Diverse people and ideas are great, but not when the ideas are to sell drugs and shoot at people.
It looks to me like 1st world countries do better and their citizens live better, happier, safer lives where "cultural diversity" is at it's lowest. 🤔

That said, I loves me some good Mexican food... [laugh] ...not to mention Chinese, Thai, Indian, South American... even Caribbean foods. 👍

Does that make me a "cultural diversity" hypocrite? :oops:

It looks to me like 1st world countries do better and their citizens live better, happier, safer lives where "cultural diversity" is at it's lowest. 🤔

That said, I loves me some good Mexican food... [laugh] ...not to mention Chinese, Thai, Indian, South American... even Caribbean foods. 👍

Does that make me a "cultural diversity" hypocrite? :oops:

Define better. Economically, with lots of Chinese, Indians, and African scientists and such, MA is doing pretty GD well.

West VA, with mostly whites? Ask them how they're doing.

And everyone could be a lot safer if we start actually incarcerating these recidivists who commit violent crimes, and/or need to be 6' underground. Instead, they get released to harm more folks, mostly inner city ones. Talk about the racist left!

Boston keeps taking all the companies.
Same happens in Providence. RI is a sh*t hole, of course, but tech companies have a hard time hiring when people are around Boston.
So, for the sake of New England, Boston needs a thermonuclear detonation?

Hell, yeah! I'm all for that!

Back
Top Bottom