LCR and Speedloaders?

I bought an HKS speedloader for my Ruger LCR, after reading that HKS should work (Ruger recommends HKS-36, HKS says to use 36-A, but Ruger says it won't work with the Crimson Trace grips--which I don't have). However, I find that it binds on the grip just the same. I can get the cartridges started like a quarter inch or so, then it binds.

Technically, it works but I'm wondering if there is a better speed loader for the LCR, and if it will work with CT grips, which are on the to-get list (but unlikely to be gotten for a while).

Ive used a HKS 36 and it does bind a little for me as well, though I dont have a LCR. I found that if I push down on the speedloader so it depresses the cylinder pin after turning the release knob, and then pull up and left (almost a pealing motion so to speak) so that I end with the open end of the loader facing right, it seems to work OK. That little extra seating helps. That said, Im looking for something a little better than then HKS. Currently Im waiting on a package from Bobby Mac with a couple loaders he was gererous enough to let me try out.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/115080-revolver-speed-loader?highlight=

ETA: check out post # 10. The video suggested by DoubleA had some good info.

hope this helps

Last edited:
You all might want to try Safariland's Comp I for J frames.

Safariland's design is miles ahead of any speedloader that requires you to turn a knob to release the load.

Just push the loader in until it clicks and releases the rounds. Done.

You all might want to try Safariland's Comp I for J frames.

Safariland's design is miles ahead of any speedloader that requires you to turn a knob to release the load.

Just push the loader in until it clicks and releases the rounds. Done.
Agreed. Safariland or Jetloader.

Back
Top Bottom