Uvalde families sue FedEx and UPS also

I bet the lawyers wish it was shipped by USPS.. that way the government could authorize a settlement and we’d all be paying for it

Not about the money
But Fear
Do any business with anything to do with guns and you lose money going to court
You may win in the end but it's going to cost you
The process and the money being spent is the punishment
It's Why they are also suing HOA's
FEAR is all they need

What this lawsuit will do is force the insurance companies of those shipping companies to tell them "No more shipping of firearms related goods, or you won't be insured"
This is how the long game is played.
In fact, most large customers buy insurance from a third party. UPS and Fedex charge too much money per package for insurance for most shippers. Will this stop that practice? Probably not since those third parties are fat and happy.

Sadly in a wrongful death case like this anyone with deep pockets and / or millions in insurance gets sued regardless of their culpability.
Suing the shooter's family will get the plaintiffs little to nothing since there are probably no assets to attach,
Suing the city and the PD will be an uphill battle due to laws limiting damages.
I do not believe it is that innocent
It is more of an attempt to stop shipment of firearms

I'd expect FedEx and UPS to fight this. A loss on this woulkd open them up to liability on everything they carry and that will kill the shipping industry. In fact I would be surprised if this doesn't get a new Carrier Protection Act put through congress to protect carriers from frivolous lawsuits where else have we seen this 😉

Back
Top Bottom