Let's see how long it takes

Finally!! I just picked it up on Saturday Jan 20, so it came in sometime last week. So it took just about 9 weeks, although the issued date on the license says Dec 15th. I wonder where it was for a month?? Anyway, just in time for the gun show this coming weekend!!

Congrats[smile] Now get yourself a nice piece and start slinging lead.
I assume being westport it's "Restrictions: NONE" So your options should be wide open.

Today is day 46 for my renewal, I called the PD yesterday (who is very helpful) and he said that the state has already approved it and he is just waiting for them to send it out. Hopefully I will get it this week before the Gun show.

Finally!! I just picked it up on Saturday Jan 20, so it came in sometime last week. So it took just about 9 weeks, although the issued date on the license says Dec 15th. I wonder where it was for a month?? Anyway, just in time for the gun show this coming weekend!!

If it was dated 12/15 then the odds are that it didn't "come in", but has been sitting around the PD for the past month, and somebody just now happened to stumble over it. When some departments regularly manage to turn theirs around in a little over a month and otherst regularly take 3-5 months, it's pretty hard to swallow the line that it's all due to delays processing applications by the MSP.

Ken

just went in an hour ago was told 6-12 weeks. And yes you do get a receipt for the application to cover you if it takes you past your expiration date. I'll be called when it comes in.

?

Did you get ALP? I got restricted in Fall River.

Yes, it doesn't say ALP like my father's license does but it says Restrictions: None, which means the same thing. Westport as you may know if a green town when it comes to a LTC. Living in Fall River you are lucky you even received a LTC. Although if I lived in Fall River it shouldn't be a problem because I know the number 2 in command of the PD very well. =)

BTW I just made my first purchase.........Glock 27 =)

Last edited:
Just needed a place to vent. Today is day 55 for a renewal. WTF this state sucks. I just dream of the day I can move. I already missed one gun show hopefully they can get their act together before the Big-E show in march.

Just renewed

Ok, I just got home from the local police station. I knew the last gun officer, and it turns out I know this one, too - his son and my youngest are best buds. The renewal process is interesting, it's all computerized now. He said four to six weeks, so I'll post back here with a progress report.

Since it seems to take so long to issue these things, why doesn't the state issue a temporary license like they do with drivers licenses? If you ask me they should take this process out of the hands of local PD's and do it state-wide... imagine if a drivers license came with the same set of delays and possible restrictions as a gun license! "Restriction: driving to and from work only" [rofl]

...imagine if a drivers license came with the same set of delays and possible restrictions as a gun license! "Restriction: driving to and from work only" [rofl]
Only criminals have restrictions like that. Shows you what your government thinks of gun owners.

Yes and reckless/stupid car drivers are probably responsible for more accidents and deaths than guns ever will be in the state... where is the outrage?

Last edited:
Only criminals have restrictions like that. Shows you what your government thinks of gun owners.

yeah...i think its 'funny' that all LTC licensing and gun sale data is maintained by the CHSB. The CHSB mission statement reads:

"To reduce criminal and terrorist activities by providing the ability to share timely and relevant criminal justice information and services to law enforcement, criminal justice, non-criminal justice entities, and the general public." [rofl]

Yes and wreckless/stupid car drivers are probably responsible for more accidents and deaths than guns ever will be in the state... where is the outrage?
Um... actually, Tom, wreckless drivers, are by definition, not responsible for ANY car accidents!

Reckless drivers, now, are the ones you want to avoid!

Ross - resident Grammarian and curmudgeon

Last edited:
Got mine today!

Since they said it would take 4-6 weeks and I renewed on 2/28 I gave it almost the full six weeks - and it was there today! Now I'm wondering when it actually got there. It could have been there for a couple weeks now! Hanson is good to their licensed gun owners, the process was short, smooth and well-managed.

Back
Top Bottom