• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Leupold Mark AR MOD-1 1.25-4 illuminated reticle any experience???

bought as in just paid or bought as in i have it in my possession now?

I want to know how the glass is on it? clear at 1x and dulls out at 4x?

I have it in hand. It's clear across the board. It's not a Leupold MRT, but it's nice. Best 1-4x illuminated scope for the money I've seen. We'll see how it holds a zero over the next few months.

I have it in hand. It's clear across the board. It's not a Leupold MRT, but it's nice. Best 1-4x illuminated scope for the money I've seen. We'll see how it holds a zero over the next few months.

I am interested in your opinion as well.

I have the Leupold Mark AR MOD-1 1.25-4x, but without the FireDot in the middle, in the factory mount. Does that count?

I have it on my 3-gun rifle, and it is the shit. Light, crystal clear glass, uncluttered, easy-to-use reticle. Generous eye relief. I had it at the Shoothouse Shootout last weekend at ACADEMI (NEE Blackwater), and it was banging the gong out to 285 yards with boring consistency. Significantly lighter than the Burris MTAC, which was my second choice.

I had to leave my rifle in VA (because my return got rerouted through a NYC airport), but when I get it back, you're more than welcome to put hands on it.

I'm either going with this (thanks to your input at that match) or the VX-R Patrol. Magnification is the same (1.5-4) but the VXR has that 30mm tube. Not sure that 30mm vs 1 inch is worth an extra $180, I'm leaning towards the Mark AR.

I'm either going with this (thanks to your input at that match) or the VX-R Patrol. Magnification is the same (1.5-4) but the VXR has that 30mm tube. Not sure that 30mm vs 1 inch is worth an extra $180, I'm leaning towards the Mark AR.

By the way, another quality, affordable option is the Mueller Speed Shot 1-4x24. It's a simple 4 MOA red dot reticle, so at 1x it's basically an unmagnified red dot. At 4x it gives a clean aiming point. The possible downside is lack of "holdover" references for longer ranges, but that's the compromise for a cleaner reticle.

I got one of these as a gift recently, and I certainly like it. Crystal-clear, very "flat" glass. SWFA bundles it with their excellent SSALT mount for a remarkable $240 price.

By the way, another quality, affordable option is the Mueller Speed Shot 1-4x24. It's a simple 4 MOA red dot reticle, so at 1x it's basically an unmagnified red dot. At 4x it gives a clean aiming point. The possible downside is lack of "holdover" references for longer ranges, but that's the compromise for a cleaner reticle.

I got one of these as a gift recently, and I certainly like it. Crystal-clear, very "flat" glass. SWFA bundles it with their excellent SSALT mount for a remarkable $240 price.

how bright it the dot compared to an aimpoint?

Back
Top Bottom