Limited Edition??? And I carry it (pic added)

Ok..so a recent posting made me look up and see!

Well is it wrong that I have 1 of 500 of this model and I carry it daily?![thinking]

Oh ..you want to know..
Kimber Pro Shadow II LE
kimber.jpg

I'm a shooter...if you own it..shoot it![smile]

Last edited:
Firearms can be works of art at times, but they are first and foremost FIREARMS! I just made a trade for a Colt MKIV Series 80 that had only 50 rounds through it. Before the day was done the round count was higher.[smile]

The only exception I see to shooting a firearm is if it is an antique and one could not do it safely without destroying the gun. Beyond that, use 'em.

Last edited:
I agree: Firearms are to be used, cars are to be driven, etc. I'm not on a ship, I don't need ballast.

On the other hand, given the realities of carrying in MA, I don't know that I'd carry any of my nicer pieces day to day. This is a use it and lose it state, for the most part, and while I want a solid, reliable piece for carry, I don't carry anything I'd be sad to lose to the legal process.

I hope one day to buy one of those $50,000 Beretta SO over/under shotguns. When I do, I will take it to the skeet range and shoot a couple hundred rounds every weekend.

I agree: Firearms are to be used, cars are to be driven, etc. I'm not on a ship, I don't need ballast.

On the other hand, given the realities of carrying in MA, I don't know that I'd carry any of my nicer pieces day to day. This is a use it and lose it state, for the most part, and while I want a solid, reliable piece for carry, I don't carry anything I'd be sad to lose to the legal process.

You use it, you've got much bigger problems than losing your gun at that point. If it's the gun you feel most comfortable with, use it.

I'm sure the perp you blast will be as impressed with you selection as the police who take it.[thinking]

The only reason I can think of to not carry a nice firearm, cause I doubt the cops are going to be gental with it.

The only guns I'd consider not carrying/shooting are those with sentimental value. If I inherited a gun that a family member carried for years as a police officer or something like that, I'd probably not carry it since it's irreplaceable. Other than that, I probably wouldn't ever buy a gun I didn't intend to use.

<-------my favorite manufacturer.

I started using Kimber as my screename after I fell in love with my Custom II years ago.

You have an awesome gun there, and I'd carry it daily too.

This thread does need pics though!

Kimber

<-------my favorite manufacturer.

I started using Kimber as my screename after I fell in love with my Custom II years ago.

You have an awesome gun there, and I'd carry it daily too.

This thread does need pics though!
Stop teasing us. To bad we can`t buy one in Mass.

Damn, that sucks! What half-assed reason can't you buy a Kimber up there? [thinking]

It's because of the stupid dealer sales regs in MA.

Note that, this is only against new dealer > MA consumer sales, and
not things like "mere posession" or people who migrate to MA with
them, or personal transfers between LTC holders, etc. I have two
Kimber 1911s myself, that I managed to get lucky on and procure
without paying much of a premium for them.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom