Littleton Sportsman Club online

I see that the access road cuts right through the 100 yard range. That could get interesting.[thinking]

From the website:
The road to the river and 25 yard range crosses the 100 yard range between the 100 and 50 yard firing lines. When using the 100 yard firing line, place the orange cones in the road on both sides of the range to warn pedestrian and vehicle traffic that the range is in use.

The road to the river and 25 yard range crosses the 100 yard range between the 100 and 50 yard firing lines. When using the 100 yard firing line, place the orange cones in the road on both sides of the range to warn pedestrian and vehicle traffic that the range is in use.

I saw that....and I state again..."That could get interesting". [smile]

"The road to the river and 25 yard range crosses the 100 yard range between the 100 and 50 yard firing lines. When using the 100 yard firing line, place the orange cones in the road on both sides of the range to warn pedestrian and vehicle traffic that the range is in use."

I see a story in the future on the news at 6!

The outdoor ranges at Littleton are rarely used these days, which is either a real plus or somewhat of a minus, I guess, depending on how much of a loner you are. There's a bit of a move afoot to get them cleaned up a bit and make them more active, so we'll see . . .

The primary facility at the Club is our 50' indoor range, which is mostly used Wednesday evenings from about September to April for the Pistol Team. Members get a key to the Club grounds and the indoor range, and it's a 24/7 thing, so that's very nice if you're into that kind of shooting. If you have any interest in joining a Bullseye team, Littleton has taken first place in the Nashoba Valley league for at least the last 3 years (we actually had two losses this year - as I recall we were undefeated for at least a couple years prior). New shooters are always welcome, and everyone on the team gets a trophy, so it's a nice easy way to accumulate a little hardware for the mantle.

If you have any interest in joining a Bullseye team, Littleton has taken first place in the Nashoba Valley league for at least the last 3 years (we actually had two losses this year - as I recall we were undefeated for at least a couple years prior). New shooters are always welcome, and everyone on the team gets a trophy, so it's a nice easy way to accumulate a little hardware for the mantle.

Dick, do you guys still do some summer informal bullseye during the summer? Bob Norander mentioned that Littleton did this. I'd like to keep my skills sharp over the summer for next Fall.

Mike
Just so you know starting the first Monday in May the Tewksbury Rod & Gun Club has a league. You can shoot .22 or centerfire or both. It is a good place to keep in practice under match conditions. You are only shooting against yourself no teams.

Bob

Dick, do you guys still do some summer informal bullseye during the summer? Bob Norander mentioned that Littleton did this. I'd like to keep my skills sharp over the summer for next Fall.

We have in the past, so I assume we will this year as well, but nothing has been set up just yet.

I heard a rumor recently that Littleton is looking at expanding their 100yd range out to 200yd... Anyone have any info on that?

I might be interested in joining if that is the case.

That rumor is correct. A number of members have expressed interest in the project and preliminary steps have been taken. When more info is available it should be posted on the website.
Jim

Wow club looks great, about 35 mins away for me, but still might be the right club for me. See you guys on March 13!

I'm a member and its a nice quiet place to shoot. Rustic sort of place, but I like it. The indoor range is decent although you can only shoot the full length (I think its 50ft). No magnum or +p ammo and no rifles other than .22LR. The outdoor pistol range does have a roof over the firing line so shooting in the rain and not getting wet is possible. Otherwise its just a little sandpit but it has enough room for a number of shooters (usually there are few if any). The rifle range does cross the road (its really no problem since there is so little travel on the road) but really isn't anything more than a 100 yard long narrow clearing through the woods with a small hill at the back for a backstop. Really only one person could shoot here at a time. The people I have met there are friendly. Beaver Brook runs through the back of the property and I hear some guys fish back there. I have not tried that but should.

What is the reason for the negotiated closing of the outdoor ranges on the first full weekend of each month "by arrangement with the town of littleton"?

What is the reason for the negotiated closing of the outdoor ranges on the first full weekend of each month "by arrangement with the town of littleton"?

It is more just a friendly agreement with the neighbors to keep everyone happy. At least that's how it was portrayed to me. Took at little drive around the neighborhood and it looks like there are a few nice houses in the vicinity..

I'm a member and its a nice quiet place to shoot. Rustic sort of place, but I like it. The indoor range is decent although you can only shoot the full length (I think its 50ft). No magnum or +p ammo and no rifles other than .22LR. The outdoor pistol range does have a roof over the firing line so shooting in the rain and not getting wet is possible. Otherwise its just a little sandpit but it has enough room for a number of shooters (usually there are few if any). The rifle range does cross the road (its really no problem since there is so little travel on the road) but really isn't anything more than a 100 yard long narrow clearing through the woods with a small hill at the back for a backstop. Really only one person could shoot here at a time. The people I have met there are friendly. Beaver Brook runs through the back of the property and I hear some guys fish back there. I have not tried that but should.

There are plans to rework the ranges a little bit so that the road thru the rifle range is gone as well as push the range out to 200yds. Also hopefully the rifle range won't point directly at the littleton police station! Lol

Back
Top Bottom