Lobster Match

Does anyone have any information on the "Lobster Match"? A friend of mine might come up from NJ to shoot in the match but I can't find anything recent on this match.[smile]

There is a Lobster Match at Scarborough F&G. Is that the one you're referring to? If so, I can email a couple of people and get you info on that.

CD

One of my former employees told me that he may come up and shoot the match. He's with the Marine Pistol Team and I seem to get the impression it was geared towards military shooters. If you can get any info that would be great.

Did you make the trip to NJ? I'm forced to head down later in the week...[crying]

I'll find out what the date is and any other info I can get on it. It is a bullseye pistol match, 25 & 50 yards, beyond that I don't know much else yet.

I was in NJ for a few days. All in all it was a good trip this time, I was able to avoid the roads when all the real crazies were out there.[grin] It was my nephew's first time marching in the NY St. Pat's Day parade so it was fun. The hardest part was the drive home Sunday night... it felt long.

CD

Time in NJ

Why would anyone in their right mind want to spend more than a few minutes in Elizabeth? Unless you are in the toxic waste cleanup business...[smile]

Go about fifty miles west of there and you will think you are in another county. The western part of the state is really nice but very expensive. One mil and up for a decent sized house on a nice lot. And the taxes will kill you.[crying]

I'm not a pistol shooter but if my memory is correct, it is an NRA 2700 conventional pistol match and a Leg match. The military pistol teams like to come up because there is a big lobster bake at the end. I’m sure they would love to have a bunch come up and shoot the leg, that are not distinguished.

Brian

The Lobster Match is Sept 9th & 10th in Scarborough Maine. For info contact Larry Carter. His email address is [email protected] As stated earlier it is a bullseye match at 25 & 50 yards. I have never shot it but may this year.

Bob

Bob,

Thanks for posting the dates and contact info, I was still waiting for someone to get back to me on that.

CD

Yes Larry Carter is the contact for the Lobster Match; Frida is Internation style pistol . Free, Standard and Center Fire . Saturday is Center Fire and 45. With a Maine lobster feed and raffle after the shooting. Sunday is 22 and some Hardball. It is a well attended match drawing shooters from across the US and some of the military teams. Greg

Back
Top Bottom